30 day challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't been on my computer much lately. I have this HUGE freelance job that I have been trying to focus on. I exercised this morning. (I am back to day one again).
    I don't know what happened to everyone else.
    Is 30 days too much? That was why I thought the rewards would help. I know 30 days is a long time. I am determined that no matter how many times I fall down, I will get a 30 day stretch in by the end of the year! I hope it doesn't take all year, but I am going to try, try again.... I will post also try to post my progress or failures more often.
    I know I'll get their, but bad habits are hard to break!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Is 30 days too much? That was why I thought the rewards would help. [...]
    I know I'll get their, but bad habits are hard to break!

No, 30 days is not at all much, if we want to turn our goal into a habbit! I just did not expect it to be THIS difficult. I feel bad everytime I have to reset the counter. Which I had to do last night again! :cry:

However, I am willing to try this, harder! Here are my rewards:
    3 days - I can plug in the little radio I bought
    10 days - I am allowed to get another little gadget
    20 days - I have a DVD in mind for that :smile:
    30 days - erm... dunno, I have at least 30 days to figure wat this reward should be :wink:.

Wanda, glad you're still here. It'd be great if we got more company and stimulation, wouldn't it?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I have 2 nights down! - although I did not sleep from 11 onwards, I was in bed shortly after 11 and I want to reward myself for it, so that I gain courage that this can work :). If I'm good tonight, I'm entitled to the reward :happy:.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    If I'm good tonight, I'm entitled to the reward :happy:.

Not yet there - it really is hard to break bad habbits! Am not giving up yet, by no means!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Back to day one:explode:
    My nails an toes are painted and it did make me feel good to get that far. I think I need to post my reward chart on the fridge (considering I walk past it a million times each day. It is part of the main area of the house).
    Once I get through this I want my next goal to be bedtime and waking time.
    Well, Off to wash dishes!
    Keep up the great work dewdrop!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I need to get myself together and do this! What on earth?!? :angry: To spare myself from reporting each day, I'll follow Wanda's example and change my signature each day. :smile:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist who works at a research hospital said that recent studies are showing that a lack of sleep is a stress trigger to the body. A body in stress mode holds onto fat and stores it more easily. I sometimes struggle with sleep so I feel your pain. So, part of your weight loss includes sleep and learning to better cope with other life stresses.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I am going to try to get this board back up and running again.
    My first bad habit I want to change is eating/snacking after 7:00pm
    TODAY will be day 1.

I will work on a new bad habit every 30 days.

Hey I go! I hope some other peeps join me so we can talk about our progress and cheer each other on!!

HAVE A GREAT MFP DAY!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Well, I have to start over today. I haven't had anything since dinner and I won't. Today, is my day one!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Or you can join us at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832812-no-more-late-night-snacking-january-2013?page=1#posts-12538094

Feel free to count only consecutive days, if that's what you want :smile:. Would love to have you back in the challenge with us! :flowerforyou: