What made you want to lose your weight?

Options
I'm sure people have plenty of reasons as to why they wanted to lose weight,
Personally mine is because I dropped out of school from bullying, got anxiety and never go anywhere. SO I decided to make a change!

Replies

• ashelt6
    ashelt6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My doc said I have Metabolic Syndrome and that I'm headed for diabetes and/or heart disease if I don't get control of my weight. I chose to get control.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Several car accidents destroyed my body. I was told my only option was surgery to fix my back, neck & knee & they couldn't guarantee that I would walk on my own again anyway.

15 years ago I was 5'8", well over 215lbs, in a lot of pain & almost to my wits end. Today I'm just under 5'6" and between 146-150lbs, 18.6% BF: my profile pic was taken 3 weeks ago. (yes, I lost inches due to the damage in my back, neck & hips, but that just makes me push harder to be healthier, stronger, more fit as each year passes).

When someone says "You can't", I smile and say "Watch me!"
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Initially, it was so my husband would think I was hot.... Lol
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of hiding from cameras and breaking a sweat just doing dishes or making dinner. I'd also like to be able to ride rollercoasters again.
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feeling ugly all the time
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    This picture
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    There is a big history of diabetes in my family as well as heart disease and I don't want to end up with either of them. I'm tired of trying to hide how hard I'm breathing from walking up a flight of stairs, tired of things not fitting properly, and tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I have never been so motivated to do this in my entire life.
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    I wanted to impress a girl.
    Too late for that now, but I'm hooked :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    looking good naked has it's benefits . . .
  • ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The final straw for me was being put on blood pressure and cholesterol meds at the way too young age of 22. It was finally time to take some control of my life!
  • Kathyziehm
    Options
    Seeing myself in a swimming suit last summer. I used to be thin but after having 2 kids I got lazy. Time to get off my cushion and lose it!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    When my 4x tshirts got too tight and that was the largest size they have.
  • bootygone
    Options
    My Kids.... I want to see them grow up & watch them succeed & have families of their own, & be proud to walk beside me down the street, not walk in front or behind me because they're ashamed of the way i look :wink:
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Looking at my body disgusted knowing that it could be about 100x better if I did something about it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Tired of being fat and ugly.

Problem solved!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I want to have a baby
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    doc said that i have fatty liver disease. also diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer and a few other health problems run on both sides of my family
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    I want to be more happy with myself and because i want to look good for my boyfriend.. he's a lifeguard and i think i should look good too :) and we are going on holiday for his birthday and yh i want to look good :D
  • Levornia20
    Options
    I want to feel good about myself when I take off my clothes!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wanna be the best I can be!