belly fat!!!GETTING DISCOURAGED!

Options
Ok I am 5'3 135lbs I know that seems like a healthy weight but i DO NOT carry it well..My belly is like squishy (ewww i know!) I cannot stand this!! What do i do about it??? I have never had a c-section, only vaginal deliveries..I am 22 years old..I also have ALOT of cellulite on my but and thighs..Somebody HELP PLEASE!! Getting VERY discouraged

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Unfortunately you're going to have to grin and bear it and keep working really hard like the rest of us. I hate to say it but there is no way to target a certain area of your body with regards to fat loss. You need to look at your body fat as an overall percentage just as your body sees it. It will come off eventually if you dedicate yourself to it, trust me. Dont give up.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is cardio for general fat burning and abdominal exercises (like sit ups, ugh) to build your muscles. Good luck, I know the squishy belly is annoying :(
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Winsor Pilates!! When I was doing Winsor Pilates, it tightened my core (stomach muscles) like you wouldn't believe. Also there are different DVD for different parts of your body. I did Pilates when I wanted to get in shape for my son's wedding. It really works. I'm back at it again now that I'm trying to shape up for our first CRUISE in September. The thing I like about Winsor Pilates (Winsor is the person who made these particular Pilates DVDs), is you don't have to put a lot of time into it. The one I do the most is only like 20 minutes. I could kick myself for getting slack on doing them.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is just fat, like anywhere else. Eat less-move more, and it'll go. I promise you, no woman at 16% bodyfat has a squishy belly.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I've been down to a size 0 and even then I had a little 'gut'. Pilates really helped, although I have stopped doing it (because of a lower back injury haven't gotten back on the bandwagon). Lengthens and strenghtnes the core.
  • chickky311
    chickky311 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've got the belly fat too...its why I joined this site. My goal is just to lose about 9 lbs or so total....although belly fat is my main goal, I know I have to work out my whole body. I walk every day for about 30 minutes, and twice a week I also go running for about 30 minutes. Thats about all I have time for right now. I'm reaching my goals slowly but surely....and thats the only way you will do it too.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    When I was at my smallest, I still had a little "pooch". I grew to actually appreciate it a little. Not so much now that I am heavier. I don't ever expect to completely be rid of it. I assume that its my body type and the fact that I have had a baby. I still keep working very hard at cardio and strenghtening my core. My trainer has me doing some brutal ab exercises. Keep with it!
  • julieash70
    julieash70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Belly fat can be caused by exactly WHAT you are putting into your mouth- ie high fatty foods and also by food that causes your stomach to bloat due to a possible allergic reaction. Drink more water to flush out your system, start tracking how your body reacts to things like dairy and wheat as they tend to be a problem with belly fat/bloated appearance. Or try cutting one out at a time for about a week solid. It will be harder than you think as these two things are found in anything processed. Also, raw veggies can make your belly look bigger because you get alot of gas when your body digests them. I have found that taking enzymes helps (I am allergic to wheat and dairy) and make sure you are really working out your core- obliques are important as they pull your stomach in more.