Vegetarians/vegans: What do you usually eat for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• secretladyspider
    Options
    A bagel, or toast, toasted, then with peanut butter and either orange marmalade or an apple sliced up on top, and an orange or a banana on the side. Also, water. The only issue is that there isn't enough protein with it.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Rice and black beans.

I'm boring.
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This blog has a lot of great suggestions for salads, soups, snacks and dinners that work well as lunches the next day since they reheat well. Everything there is vegan. I love these recipes even though I am not vegetarian or vegan myself. This wrap recipe sounds delicious although I haven't had a chance to try it yet: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/01/16/lunch-this-week-chickpea-salad-wraps/
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I almost always have leftovers from the night before so curries, stirfies, salads, soups and all sorts.

I guess it depends what you like.

My favorite quick work lunches involve:

1 - A curry dish - brown rice with lentils/beans etc curry powder and a little non dairy milk and a chopped tomato (and onion if i feel like it). With or without a side salad. Takes about 5 mins to prep and cook in the microwave

2 - Bruchetta - tomato, garlic, onion, basil etc ontop of a sweet potato or on bread (although i dont eat much processed foods at all anymore).

3 - Raw veggies chopped up onto a huge plate with hommus or some sort of dip and i snack whilst working.

4 - Raw fruit platter or a big lunch salad is sometimes nice too.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot my latest addiction:

Chopped banana with ABC spread (Almond Brazil and Cashew nut spread)

Its pretty amazing.