Zumba!

Options
Anybody have weight loss success by eating healthy and zumba?!

Replies

• lauraashley614
    Options
    My coworker lost 20ish pounds doing Zumba! I haven't tried it myself, but I did buy a Groupon for five classes! Once I check it out I'll let you know :)
  • Chobug89
    Options
    Awesome. I went to zumba a few times in 2012, loved it. I just don't want to buy a gym membership right now so I am thinking about zumba and when it gets warm outside, doing some hiking and walking/jogging outside. (:
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Well I can't say that I lost all my weight with zumba concidering I have strength trained from day one, however, I was unable to hula hoop (so frustrating) and after so many months of zumba I picked up a weighted hula hoop I have at home just playing around and boom, able to do it. Also, my inch loss bumped up after starting it. It is a really awesome, fun way to burn calories. I feel supers sexy afterword and Normally I am dripping sweat.
  • ricklm
    ricklm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I lost inches (2 pant sizes) and 22 pounds doing zumba 2x's a week and eating healthy!
  • danabullard
    Options
    YES I LOST 46LBS BY EATING RIGHT AND ZUMBA....GREAT WORKOUT
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba twice a week for around three months now - love, love, love!! The gym I go to has Zumba and Strength (weightlifiting; some cardio; iso) back to back twice a week so I do that in addition to running on the treadmill 2-3 times a week. I eat pretty healthy (health-obsessed vegan.. >.<) other than my "cookie-a-day" mentality but I have been dropping pounds and putting on muscle. Seeing physical definition from all the hardwork is such a reward!
  • cnelady
    cnelady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba for 2 years and took off 40 pounds.
    It was the first time I ever wanted to keep going without having a workout buddy.
    The music and energy are uplifting!
    Keep trying different instructors as well to keep it fresh.
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes with a combination of other things of course. Zumba burns the most calories over anything else that I do...and it's fun!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My coworker lost 20ish pounds doing Zumba! I haven't tried it myself, but I did buy a Groupon for five classes! Once I check it out I'll let you know :)

I got one of those, too (only in Indy)! I'm looking forward to trying it!
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost weight (55lbs overall) doing Zumba 2-3 days a week. I also hit the gym 3 days a week. Zumba really helped jump start my weight loss (lost first 12lbs in 6 weeks) and now I'm addicted. If you like to dance give it a try :)
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I believe I lost about 37 lbs and 5.5" around my waist and my hips since June while doing Zumba. This was also partially due to changes in my diet, though. I switched to mostly paleo in October and saw a significant loss with that in combination with Zumba. Before paleo I was eating mostly organic and counting calories (which worked well, too).

I started going two to three times a week, but I now do it four to five times a week and I also recently started weight lifting and Insanity.

[edited to add the last sentence]
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! In my first month the scale stayed the same but I dropped a pants size. It's a great, fun workout and burns lots of calories. I'm up to 4 classes a week and feeling great!