Exerciseing at my desk

Options
Does anyone know any exercises one can do while sitting at a desk? I sti for 8+ hours a day!

Thanks

Replies

• Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Tricep dips :)
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like some ideas too!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    squats!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    squats
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You can use an exercise ball rather than a chair for balance and core work.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I have a private office with a door I can close. So with that said, here are my go to's (I also sit at a desk 8+ hours a day):

Wall Pushups
    Tricep Dips
    Jumping Jacks
    Stretches

I also have an app on my iPod called Office Fitness. It was free and it sounds an alarm every so often and tells different exercises to do.

Best of luck and can't wait to see other great ideas here! :flowerforyou:
  • slyast
    slyast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a little machine with bike pedals that fits under my desk! On amazon if you search "desk bike" a ton will come up.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Kegels. Trust me, they pay off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    How does one do a squat sitting at a desk? You actually have to get up to do them.

There are actually "pedal machines" that you can place under your desk if you have to sit for work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    I will sometimes do chair dips, but unless you are literally glued to your chair I would say stand up, do some squats, get on the floor and do some push ups or sit ups... If you are in an office area and don't want people to "judge you", then get some colleagues to do it too!
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Do you have your own private office or just a cubicle in an open area?
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Frequent stretches seem to work best. I also make an effort to walk over to someone to speak with them rather than sending and e-mail. I've seen small bike pedal type units that fit under the desk and have wondered how effective they are. During the warmer months, I actually keep a simple cheap bike in a storage closet and I go out for a half hour ride at lunch. Making choices to do active things during work turned out to be an easier task than actually cleaning up afterwards. Going for a run or a bike ride can get a little sweaty, especially in July and August!
  • CuddlyCurves
    CuddlyCurves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm sat at my desk right now alternating between tightening/releasing my buttock muscles & also doing the same with my abs/stomach muscles (the stomach ones help me to envisage & feel what it would be like to be free of my bulging belly!!)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Get an exercise ball to sit on instead of the chair; it will help you build some core strength as well as your "posture" muscles if you don't slouch.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I tried some leg exercises yesterday at my desk. Just kinda acted like I was running in place but while sitting down. Picking up one leg at a time faster and faster and trying to get my knees up higher and higher and let me just say it about killed my legs after a while and was great cardio! lol
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    * Just making sure I get up and do a lap around the building periodically helps.
    * At the copier I'll do leg lifts (hamstring, lift foot to butt while leaning forwared) or "up and over" (left arm up & over right side of head, switch arms, back & forth).
    * Alternating knee ups or leg lifts while lifting arms over head.
    * Basically any standing exercise or standing yoga pose I can think of when I have a second and a little privacy.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    chair dips, body weight squats, lunges, push-ups (on the floor)
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options