Suja Juice Cleanse?

Options
Happy new year everyone!

I have slipped off my journal keeping during the holidays and ate a whole lot of food and treats I shouldn't have. I am getting back to food journaling again with MFP but I was thinking of starting with a juice clease to help kick start my return to a healthy lifestyle.

I was going to do the Suja 3 day juice cleanse, which is drinking 6 organic juices which equates to about 1200 calories a day.

Has anyone tried these before? Any tips, advice or concerns I should be aware of?

http://www.sujajuice.com/juice-cleanses/

Replies

• adomenichini
    Options
    Anybody?
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 day juice cleanse... but I did the Cooler Cleanse brand, not Suja. I've read a lot of people who say these are not good, and it is actually not cleansing anything, and creating a calorie deficit in your diet. So, take that as you may. But for me it really helped me kick start a diet. I need something really strict and structured to get me started, so for that I thought it was great. It taught me how much I was eating just for the joy of eating and not becuase I was actually hungry. And becuase juice cleanses can be expensive and I paid in advance, it helped me stay diciplined and stick with it. However, this is not something I would recommend on a regular basis, and personally I think a one day cleanse is plenty, and a 3 day cleanse it pushing it a little. I would never do a 5 day. Over the course of my 3 day cleanse I lost 3 lbs, and I've been able to stick with my diet and change my overall eating habits on the whole. It's been a month since I finished and I kept the weight off, and overall I feel healthier now and more active. But I'm not sure how much of that I contribute to the cleanse... I think it's just the fact that I'm eating healthier now and excersizing more. So, as a kick start... I think it's good.

At the time I hadn't heard of Suja before, I chose cooler cleanse becuase a cooking blog I follow did a review. But it was very expensive, and had some massive shipping fees on top of that. Now, I have heard of Suja and I think they are better... for one thing they taste better. Secondly, they give you more calories per day than the Cooler Cleanse which I think is better for you. And third, they are available over the counter at your local whole foods store for a cheaper price than listed on the website. And lastly, they have a longer shelf life... cooler cleanse is only good for 3 days... Suja seems to last for a couple weeks.

I still use juices in my diet now... I like to use them as snacks in conjunction with a healthy low carb diet and exercise plan. I typically purchase the Suja Vanilla Cloud which I like to drink as a sweet dessert, the Suja Mastercleanse or Lemon Love as a refreshing afternoon snack, and the Suja Spark as a morning snack when I'm on the go.

So... overall... for a good kick start to a diet when you have been off of eating healthy and need some serious disipline to get your head in the game I think a juice cleanse is good. But not something I recommend for long term or to do regularly at all. But adding some healthy juices into your diet in conjuntion with a regular healthy diet is nice. Hope this helped you... I know it was a while since you posted this and I was shocked not one person had replied so I wanted to give you a good response. :)
  • biglou33
    biglou33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of the Suja Juice 3 day cleanse. Did you try it and what are your thoughts.
  • OrganicNotes
    Options
    I have yet to hear about this cleanse, but I doubt you can go wrong with Organic Juices. 3 days seems like the perfect kick-start to any diet! What flavor juices can you choose from?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of the Suja Juice 3 day cleanse. Did you try it and what are your thoughts.

tumblr_m9ftrn5IFX1r22lig.gif

tumblr_m2uqopf8fK1qk553k.gif

754.gif

JUX LET THE THRED DYE!!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I have heard these kind of things are really unhealthy for you, and that eating better combined with exercise is the proper way to go. What do you think?
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    What? Is Sister Souljah selling juice cleanses now?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    No juice cleanses the body. Kidneys and liver do that.

Not to mention that fat and protein are ESSENTIAL daily in the diet for optimal health. I truly doubt that any juice has enough to support the correct amount.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options

Not to mention that fat and protein are ESSENTIAL daily in the diet for optimal health. I truly doubt that any juice has enough to support the correct amount.

IDEA Fitness member
    What about kickboxing? Does that cleanse anything?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Sister Christian oh the time has come....
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    m76gld.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    What about kickboxing? Does that cleanse anything?
    I kick you hard enough in your abs, I could cleanse your colon.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member