June 3 MFP runner's club

Options
2»

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I use runningmap.com to map and print my routes. There is another site called map my run as well.

We're lucky where we have a lot of paths around our house. I usually don't know where I'm going until I head out. :ohwell:

Speaking of not knowing where you're going, I am so directionally challenged that I got lost and ran 5 miles one day when I was out for a leisurely 3 mile run.:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I use runningmap.com to map and print my routes. There is another site called map my run as well.

We're lucky where we have a lot of paths around our house. I usually don't know where I'm going until I head out. :ohwell:

Speaking of not knowing where you're going, I am so directionally challenged that I got lost and ran 5 miles one day when I was out for a leisurely 3 mile run.:laugh:

lol!

I'm the same way whenever I travel outside of Colorado. Least I know the mountains are west & the rest kinda fall into place. :laugh:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I've got a stubborn 2 year old not napping today. Not sure what her issue is......

Anyway, through her crying, I ran my 5 miles. I was hauling. I guess I better get in there and try to figure out something.....

Stay safe everyone.

Happy trails.
    Pam
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! Kechie I have done the same thing. I am so glad that someone else has done a long run, not necessairly from wanting to but from the mistake of getting lost!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did 5.1 in 45 minutes today
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Nice going, bionic woman!!! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! Kechie I have done the same thing. I am so glad that someone else has done a long run, not necessairly from wanting to but from the mistake of getting lost!

:flowerforyou: Thank you for publicly admitting it! I was so embarrassed. :embarassed: Why does it feel so much better to know you are not alone?
  • kechiemc
    Options

Way to go!:drinker:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow Kechie thanks for sharing how you started. I just assumed that you had been seriously running for years considering how long you run now.

I do feel pretty safe jogging in my neighborhood. Many people look weird here :laugh: but there are always people around, even at 5 am. I definitely need my headphones but I turn the volume way down when approaching a street and wear light clothing. I also run on the sidewalk against the flow of traffic.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I do feel pretty safe jogging in my neighborhood. Many people look weird here :laugh: but there are always people around, even at 5 am. I definitely need my headphones but I turn the volume way down when approaching a street and wear light clothing. I also run on the sidewalk against the flow of traffic.

Great tip! I too always always run against the flow of traffic. However, I see people all of the time running with their backs to traffic.:noway:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Got 3.5 miles in this afternoon. :smile:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Got in a 6 mile run today and felt really good.

Kechie, thanks for the safety reminder--your experience sounds scary! I never run the same route, but try to stick to well-traveled areas. I also like the idea of printing out a running route. I'll have to look at those websites you suggested!