OH NO! I've been eating 2,000 cals a day......

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Fit, slim and healthy. Nice! No skinny fat here!!!!!!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    and this happened.....

IPOARM4Months.jpg

BF was around 38% in pix 1 ----> 26.2% today.

Following IPOARM (in place of a road map .... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 ), I've been eating 2000+ calories a day for the past 3 1/2 months. During my two months of Insanity, I ate closer to 2100+ and had lots of 3k days and never gained. Now, I'm lifting 2-3x per week with only 15 minutes of HIIT afterwards, averaging 2000 per day and still losing, even though my workouts are less frequent and less intense.

Height: 5' 8"
    Current

Good job
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I love not starving!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's working :)
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous! Looking beautiful - strong and healthy! LOVE it!! Thank you for the inspiration XOXO
  • lisst87
    lisst87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity once and am almost done with the second round. Per my HRM, I burn anywhere from 680-850 calories which means if I ate 2,100 calories, many times I would net around 1,350 which is pretty normal for most members...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    There needs to be more posts like this. :) I too, eat....well, way more than 2000 calories a day, and the view keeps getting better!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thank GOD for posts like this! You look amazing! I am a petite chick on maintenance (2000 calories and don't eat my exercise calories back since this is pretty much my TDEE) and it boggles my mind that females think they'll gain weight on this.

Rock on!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I needed to see this....thank you!
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look awesome - Great work!!!
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    and this happened.....

IPOARM4Months.jpg

BF was around 38% in pix 1 ----> 26.2% today.

Following IPOARM (in place of a road map .... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 ), I've been eating 2000+ calories a day for the past 3 1/2 months. During my two months of Insanity, I ate closer to 2100+ and had lots of 3k days and never gained. Now, I'm lifting 2-3x per week with only 15 minutes of HIIT afterwards, averaging 2000 per day and still losing, even though my workouts are less frequent and less intense.

Height: 5' 8"
    Current weight: 171

This isn't a final success story, as I've still got work to do. But pictures do say alot. Mine says, "This girl does NOT go hungry. This girl has been losing FAT. This girl is healthy." Seriously....eating 2,000+ a day.

In case you missed it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Insanity + lifting + age + current weight all need to be taken into account. 2,000 calories + even with Insanity and P90X causes me to gain both fat and muscle weight. It's important to note that as you get smaller, your caloric needs are less. Great job though!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I love reading these stories.

I am new to this and have been yo-yoing for years, starving myself and binge eating and am now 25kg fatter. Ridiculous.

Well done on your success and thank you for sharing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You rock!

I've lost all my weight eating 2000 cals a day, too. Yay for food :)
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic!
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bumping to remind myself that I'm allowed to eat enough and still lose weight! You look fantastic, OP :)
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon this post at the perfect time. I switched my MFP settings over to the IPORM approach just this morning. Your success is stunning. I'm starting out at 2000 cal/day, which is 80% of my TDEE, at a "lightly active" activity level. I might need to up that to "moderately active" (2264 cal/day) if the weight isn't coming off as planned. Congrats!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Pretty good result.
    I want to get into some sort of weight training, but supposedly, you need a spotter or somesuch to deal with lifting heavy, which puts me off, and also have no idea where to start beyond the book often mentioned 'nrolfw'.

Check out New Rules of Lifting For Women. As long as you have a gym with a squat rack, you shouldn't need a spotter. The book also has modified moves. I lift alone, as do most of the ladies I've encountered on the NROLFW board. I put my headphones on, zone out and do it alone! It's my time away from the chaos of my life as a working mom. If you can get a trainer at the gym to go over the first moves with you, any adjustments could be made then if you felt it necessary. I'm not the source for lifting though, as I'm still new to the heavy lifting game.

You can get a great lifting workout without a spotter, by using the machines. (They weren't really created by the devil, as some free-weight people would have you believe.) :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!