tracking my walking

Options
I'm looking for programs to track my walking kinda like the Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) challenge.

Does anyone know of some other books or shows or other things I could use to track how far I walk?

I like sci-fi and stuff but I have never really been able to get into LOTR (please don't yell at me!)

I would really appreciate the help!

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump

please help. I find the thought of finding out how far I walked to a place pretty cool all in all
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I had the same thought!

Check out the newly formed group called Travel Across the US 2013. You can track yourself on a 4000-mile route from Virginia to Oregon.
  • mmkrieg
    mmkrieg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Smart phone apps like Runkeeper do this very well.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm not sure this is what you are asking, but I use the Nike+ Running app to track how far my walks are. You could then plug that into a "place" as far as milage to if you like....
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    oh no sorry nothing like that. There is this website where you can go and look at it and it will tell you at what place you are at on the road to Rivendell, the elf home in Lord of the Rings. I'm looking for something similar but from a different book. The trip from VA to OR sounds cool tho. I just can think of anymore books that have that much traveling in them like LOTR does..

This is the page I'm talking about
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump i like this idea