always freeeeeeezing!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm cold a lot of the time, and my thyroid is fine I did have it checked in August. At work is the worst, I sometimes have to put on my coat and gloves inside!
  • christy3565
    Options
    I am always freezing as well when I used to be the one putting the fan on. I've had my thyroid and my levels checked, they are fine. So I throw on another hoodie and blanket :)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - less insulation!
    And I think my body hasn't figured it out yet so my thermostat hasn't adjusted itself yet.
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    Ginger tea will warm you up for short bursts of time. I am always cold unless I am moving so it is either tea or housework.
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • vwpiper
    vwpiper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Same here. I think the first five lost pounds was the warm layer.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So cold!! Everyone looks at me like I have horns when I say i'm cold haha. Oh and I've had recent blood tests for something else and thyroid function is fine :) I've just lost padding haha
  • RogueViper101
    Options
    At work I was always known as the 'hot' one (not in that way). In fact I always insisted on having the AC on and had many battles with the ladies over temperature (I think 23-24c is nice but its apparently too cold!). Since losing weight I'm finding myself feeling a lot colder; to the point where I will occasionally wear jumpers in the office. This had shocked a lot of people; in fact now the office is warmer because I don't insist on having the AC on all the time some of the other staff now complain how hot it is!

I'm enjoying not always being hot all the time and not being singled out as the one that's always hot.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I'm a man which makes it worse...weaing gloves, cranking the heat up....I knew I was doing it right when it was 95F one day in October, and I thought it was "comfy"...and I wasn't sweating.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes. I used to look forward to the winter because I knew I would be comfortable, not too hot, and not cold. Now I am cold all the time. I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait till summer when it is warm LOL! I wear a lot of sweaters and I even got a heated matress pad so when I get into bed at night I don't freeze to death LOL! Crazy how things change.
    But drinking hot chocolate or tea will usually warm me up.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I would argue that's a sign that you need to eat a little more.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me :) once I had lost about 30lbs I noticed I was feeling the cold a lot more. Usually in my toes. I even started wearing socks when in bed!

Me too I used to always be warm now I am always cold especially my feet. I wear 2 pair of socks as soon as I get home from work till I get up in the morning ;). I also now sleep with a sheet, a heavy cotton blanket, and two comforters and I used to sweat at night all year not anymore. But I figure I have lost 46 lbs of insulating lol of course I'm cold.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have been cold a lot here lately and I never stopped to think that losing weight could be the cause!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS freezing (for years... maybe since i was like 8 or 9?) and i always thought i just had "bad circulation". After losing weight it got even worse and my feet and hands would be so cold they would hurt to walk and type.

Turns out i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months back and that is likely the case. :P

Darn!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh yes- so cold most of the, time- the best benefit being that I recently felt really comfortable during a prolonged heat wave. I Sussex it out NAND it appears that it generally takes at lease 2 years to get the thermostat back to normal. I am only. 7months so far so am already dreading the mnext winter
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You've made your body's thermostat more efficient as hard as that is to believe--you're probably thinking, "it's not efficient if I'm freezing all the time". Think about it, if exercising is a part of your daily routine then your body is used to getting hot at certain point in the day every day and it's learning to become more efficient in heated conditions, therefore making it more bearable for you to continue your workout without overheating. The summer is BAD here in TX, but I don't feel it's as bad as it was 50 lbs ago. Yeah, I have less insulation, but my heart rate is consistently running at a lower pace than it used to be, making my body use less energy than it used to at a heavier weight.

Makes sense to me, I don't know if there's any scientific research to go with that, but it sure sounds about right...
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    When people have less fat on their bodies, they get cold easily.
    im cold 24/7
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing, but I think it is the ice water I drink all day. Someone commented on having thyroid issues and I have had hypothyroidism for the last 17 yrs and never had a problem with being cold and it is stable so I know my thyroid is not causing me to be cold. I'm going to continue to think that it is from cold water.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hahah well I am glad I am not the only one!! Its like I constantly have to bundle up! I haven't been tested for the hypothyroidism I don't think, I am anemic but I never have had problems with being cold from it before (maybe cuz of my insulation! lol) just other stuff lol. but now after 40lbs I am cold 24/7!!!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yep, it drives my husband nuts. I am thinking about getting a heated mattress pad even though we live in SE Texas.