Yoplait Greek Yogurt

Options
rinren84
rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
It's cheap but it's disgusting!!! It's gritty and gross! Especially if you've been eating Fage and then try it. BLUCK!! Don't waste the money. Buy the good stuff...

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I stick to Fage myself. Yoplait sucks. Believe you me, I'm greek, I eat this stuff all the time
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have danone activia cereal fibre yoghurts, I love em and the kids can't stand them so they leave them alone. LUUUVELY
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    LOVE fage!
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any Greek yogurt that is even as close to as good as Fage (and I think I've tried 'em all). Totally worth a few cents extra!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    It's cheap but it's disgusting!!! It's gritty and gross! Especially if you've been eating Fage and then try it. BLUCK!! Don't waste the money. Buy the good stuff...

What!!!???!! You really thought it was that bad???? I usually eat Oikos or Chobani, but tried it and liked it!
  • robnbrwn
    robnbrwn Posts: 18
    Options
    I like Oitkos and it's easy to find (here anyway-DC area) but I haven't seen or tried Fage.
  • sfarrant
    sfarrant Posts: 7
    Options
    Plus it has gelatin in it, and none of the other Greek yogurts do (this is only relevant to vegetarians, but still - why does Yoplait have to put gelatin in everything?!)
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like Oitkos and it's easy to find (here anyway-DC area) but I haven't seen or tried Fage.

The have Fage in Whole Foods and in Trader Joes in the city. Not sure about stores outside the city though as it's been awhile since I've shopped in VA or MD.
    Fage is definitely the best though imo I haven't tried the yoplait (and I have no desire to) or Chiobani
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options

I'm in the NOVA/DC area too. Harris Teeter carries Fage, but I haven't tried it. I always get Oikos or Chobani. Lady at work uses Fage everyday though.

Now that Costco carries Chobani in bulk (12 - 6oz containers for $11) That will be my staple! Talk about a savings!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Did you buy plain Yoplait Greek or flavored? The plain is so-so, the flavored is awful and gritty. Fage Total is still the best, hands down, but Vosko's and Oikos are reasonable substitutes.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I agree. I didn't like the Yoplait Greek Yogurt either. I did however try the Dannon Greek Yogurt, and it is very comparable to Fage. It is a little cheaper, maybe 30 cents, but still cheaper nonetheless.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh god Yoplait blueberry was like vomit! YUCK. I love Okios and Chiobiani and Fage as well!
  • rinren84
    Options
    Did you buy plain Yoplait Greek or flavored? The plain is so-so, the flavored is awful and gritty. Fage Total is still the best, hands down, but Vosko's and Oikos are reasonable substitutes.

I agree, the strawberry was awful but the plain is just okay. I could use it on baked potato or in something.
  • rinren84
    Options
    Also, the Brown Cow Greek Yogure is really good!!!!