New Girl in Pal

Options
Hey y'all. I am new today. I'm 37 years old, married, mom of three. I am trying to get back into the groove of eating better and exercising. I haven't been to the gym in over 3 years and my energy level is extremely low. I have an initial goal to lose 26 lbs but the large goal is 46. I am trying to get to the 26 by Easter. I sure could use some friends. I like a lot of interaction. Working out at a gym is not an option for me right now. Now that I have finally figured out how to re-incorporate exercise into a daily routine, I think the main thing I am going to be missing is the kind of friends I had at the gym. I look forward to meeting some great people here on myfitnesspal. Please add me if you think I'd be a good friend for you or if you'd be a good friend for me. ;)

Replies

• Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there, great job in joining. I was a weight watchers member for years and have had so much more success on this plan. I stopped logging on WW and started saving $16 a month! There are alot of great people here, along with some not so great. Main goal here is to be healthy and fit! Anything I can do to help new MFP members I will because it has been great to me!
  • karenlucas7503
    Options
    Thanks a bunch. I looked into WW and a few other things but I didn't want to put $ into something that I knew wouldn't fit my lifestyle. I did Curves for years and the gym and I know how to eat and how to exercise... I just need the kick in the pants and a group of friends to keep me motivated.... and the stepper. I think it will help a lot until the baby gets big enough for me to branch out more.
  • arbogak52
    arbogak52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started out in Weight Watchers and lost 30 lbs. but really needed a change. 50 more to go! I look forward to losing weight with you! It takes time but it will be worth it in the end. Goodluck!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like. I have a very similar goal and would be happy to provide support for some in return. 26 lbs by Easter is very doable. Get started today!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great support on here, feel free to add me!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont try so much. just do more.
  • kazookayaker
    Options
    I started one year ago January 5th using MyFitnessPal.com - lost 43 lbs and kept it off! This was the ONLY tool that worked for me. Breaking down everything I ate and helping me calculate the good and the bad. I have revamped my entire menu and everything I eat. If it can work for me it can work for ANYONE! <--- major carb-o-holic here!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I am a little crazy, but a good active friend. Feel free to add.

I am also not quite as cool as Yoovie, but who is?
  • bigeasy36
    bigeasy36 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not a personal trainer but I can tell you tons of small changes that will help you and your family become more healthier. Feel free to add me.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Please feel free to add me. I've been on MFP for a while now and have found the support incredible. I try to provide consistent support and motivation and only look for the same in return. Cheers!