Serious bra for serious boobies

Options
Okay, so I'm rocking 36FF's and I need a great bra for working out. If you buy your sports bras at Target or Walmart, forget it. These boobs currently require 3 (yes, THREE) bras in order to stay still when I'm active. I prefer compression style, but also prefer if they're not touching in the middle, so maybe an underwire compression style. Hook and eye at the back is also preferred as I should get down to 34E as I shed the pounds. Plus, who wants to pull a sweaty bra over their head?

I'm not looking for people to go search out this bra for me. I've searched and I have some brands to go on. Just wondering if anyone out there has a great bra they like.

Replies

• deecapuano
    deecapuano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my bras by Moving Comfort and I wear between a 40DD and a 42DD depending on the time of the month. I run in these and my boobs do not move. I also have a couple of Champion sports bras that I wear for things like weight lifting and general low key exercise. They don't remove the bounce but they do limit the bounce. The one that I have from Panache is also excellent but sometimes difficult to get off as it is a hook and loop but also the straps criss cross in the back so it is more of an over the head kind of deal. Still it holds my girls firmly. Good luck in your decision.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My wife is a 38F. She loves the Moving Comfort hardcore bras. I think the Fiona is one of the models. We've bought them at Fleet Feet and REI before (on sale and/or clearance too)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I like toe Moving Comfort one I have as well. I used to wear two and would still bounce, now I can wear just the one and the girls don't budge. I think it might be tough to find one that is supportive enough where they don't touch at all though...
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I have serious issues with sports bras, but have finally found one that holds the girls in place: Champion Women's Powerback underwire sports bra (amazon has it, for half price right now, thanks for the reminder, I'm buying another one or two).

I have trouble fastening it on my own behind me (you CANNOT put it on with the hooks done up, part of what makes it so awesome is it simply doesn't have the extra give), but have managed it - not while in a hurry. Most of the time I have my husband do it up for me, or a friend, rarely a matronly looking woman before a race. If you can't reach behind you, have no significant other, and are super shy, this is not the bra for you.

I've found anything that doesn't have underwire, and doesn't LOOK like a bra, is really just something stretchy designed by people without tits or who don't actually participate in impact activities.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Champion Powerback, as well. I'm not as large at 34DD, but have issues with my breasts spilling out the top or sides of any other bra during pilates or yoga. It's an underwire, so it still looks very natural and doesn't give me a uniboob (I hate my breasts touching!). The straps are wide and close set (a little too close feeling, but they never fall down). It's a bit of a pain to get on and off, because it does have to go over your head. I do the hooks before putting it on, then release them to bake it easier to take off.

Because it's a pain getting on and off, I just ordered a couple of other brands/styles to see if I can find something else that will hold the girls in place as well, yet be easier to wear. I have a feeling I'm wasting my money, though.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou: I've heard good things about Panache. I'll look into Moving Comfort and Champion.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I've been in love with this guy here:
    http://www.lanebryant.com/microfiber-front-closure-molded-sports-bra/p65248/index.pro?selectedColor=Black

It's a front closure, very supportive, very non-bouncy. I bought it on a whim (they were doing a bogo sale), and really like it.
  • esonq13
    Options
    I'm a 36DD, and I run in the Enell Sports Bra 100. I ordered mine from Herroom.com about a year or so ago. I think it was like $60 or $70. I've seen them on Amazon.com and also in some running stores. I don't think the bra is flattering at all, but it holds the girls down. This is by far the best sports bra I've ever bought.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm also an F, and I currently wear a Moving Comfort model that they no longer make. I went to their web site, and they aren't making anything above an E right now.

When I was rocking a J cup (gotta love that breastfeeding bonus), the only thing I could find that did the job was the Enell. It's a serious bra that allows no movement whatsoever, and it comes in cup sizes up to about M. A kabillion little hooks in front and not the least bit sexy, but it keeps the girls in line.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm also an F, and I currently wear a Moving Comfort model that they no longer make. I went to their web site, and they aren't making anything above an E right now.

When I was rocking a J cup (gotta love that breastfeeding bonus), the only thing I could find that did the job was the Enell. It's a serious bra that allows no movement whatsoever, and it comes in cup sizes up to about M. A kabillion little hooks in front and not the least bit sexy, but it keeps the girls in line.

Great topic.....For the life of me, I can't keep these things down even with three bras on. I needs me a good one.

Thanks, for starting this.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, I responded to somone's comment on accident but it was meant for you.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at Sports Bras recently. I bought a couple Champion ones at Burlinton Coat Factory and while trying them on the fitting run I was running in place seeing if they kept everything in place. When I got home I noticed the were for medium activity but then it said yoga, walking so they will be going back to the store to be returned. They were on sale for only $4.99 and $5.99 but aren't what I am looking for I guess.
    I tried on Enell sports bra a few years ago before loosing weight and it was a workout just getting the dang thing on! LOL! But like Oprah said "Once you get the bra on, those girls aren't moving!" It isn't the most pretty looking thing either and quite pricey. I will continue looking and checking this post for suggestions.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I hadn't heard of Enell but I'll definitely look into that one as well!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    shock absorber for my gg / h cups. (I run in my shock absorber.)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've heard really good things about Under Armour from several MFP peeps that have invested in both their bras and their other clothing items.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This one: http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O :heart: Seriously.

It comes in fun color combos, and REALLY holds up/in the girls. I'm a 32H, and can run with hardly any bounce at all. The straps have a little metal hook that allows you to put it on like a regular bra, but then hook the straps together like a racerback for additional support. I have the gray one, and have been hankering for other colors, too. :)

Editing to add: The cups are separated from each other by actual...structure, for lack of a better word. So you don't end up with the uniboob that so many sports bras tend to cause. :)
  • mandi9041
    mandi9041 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just got this one for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Extreme-Support/dp/B000XKJZ3K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1DJU5B1Z5CZBZ&coliid=I1RZ5C40G94KXE

I got it in 36F. It opens completely in the back with two separate hook/eye closures. It takes some effort to get everything adjusted, but once I do, I don't bounce. I think it should be great when I teach Zumba classes! I will probably end up wearing a second bra over it just because I've never worn less than 2. (And to keep from shining the headlights in front of the class!)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i am currently 40d (was 46ddd) -- i still double bag 'em. regular bra, under sports bra. works super great, and I run, so there's quite a bit of bouncing possibility! ;)
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump to look for bras tomorrow! Personally I use a Freya Active bra. I need an underwired bra for sport.