Too much Protein?

Options
13»

Replies

• matrixkingdom
    Options
    I am on a high carb diet, so it balances out my "moderate protein intake" it's not measly lol.. I consume over 3000 calories, over 600g of carbs and 80g of fat so my protein doesn't have to be through the roof. I have a hard time reaching over 100g of protein even if I wanted to consume that much and that's on a high calorie diet.

Yours isn't, but 40g is for many people, even some sedentary folks

I said 40g of protein to "start the day" and max out at 80g (mine is technically 90-100g)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I am on a high carb diet, so it balances out my "moderate protein intake" it's not measly lol.. I consume over 3000 calories, over 600g of carbs and 80g of fat so my protein doesn't have to be through the roof. I have a hard time reaching over 100g of protein even if I wanted to consume that much and that's on a high calorie diet.

Yours isn't, but 40g is for many people, even some sedentary folks

I said 40g of protein to "start the day" and max out at 80g (mine is technically 90-100g)

The part I was referring to was this quote:
    Moderate protein intakes should be between 40g-80g depending on your physical activity

I'd argue that intakes above this would be beneficial for a good portion of the population for various reasons, but as usual, context is necessary.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you are vegan, and not getting enough fats, add hemp seeds to your diet. They are tiny, yummy, and a perfect ratio of Omega 3&6 and all your EFA's. Try adding a few tablespoons to 1/4 cup or so to your daily diet, and after two weeks you'll thank me for mentioning it. :flowerforyou:
  • snowboardn
    Options
    If you are vegan, and not getting enough fats, add hemp seeds to your diet. They are tiny, yummy, and a perfect ratio of Omega 3&6 and all your EFA's. Try adding a few tablespoons to 1/4 cup or so to your daily diet, and after two weeks you'll thank me for mentioning it. :flowerforyou:

Damn you weren't joking... http://nutiva.com/nutrition/charts/organic-shelled-hempseed/
  • matrixkingdom
    Options
    Well since you asked my opinion... your macro ratios are something like 95% carbs, 2.25% protein, and 2% fat which is an incredibly unbalanced diet. I believe you are possibly setting yourself up for some serious nutrient defeciencies which can lead to long-term health conditions. If that is your temporary plan, then it is fine. But I seriously can't imagine who could eat like that. What is a generally accepted macro mix for a balance diet is 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat.
    [/quote]

My reply to "UsedToBeHusky"
    My macro ratio is showing me 60% carbs (500g) 22% protein (137g) and about 18% fat (122g) I am about 40-50g below my goal for protein and fat and I have 100g over my goal for carbs. Why is my ratio much different than what you suggested.?My calculations from my specific numbers show me approximately, 75% carbs, 14% protein & 11% fat. I'm a starchivore, what more can I say.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A solid hard intake of protein daily is good for you.

LMAO!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and have zero problems getting my fat intake. 30 g is nothing. I also get plenty of protein, though I do have to use a powder due to allergy issues. I can also get 3000-4000 calories in if I wanted to (which I don't) but not on veggies alone.