Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
whats your stance on Iceberg lettuce?

Replies

• rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Consists mostly of water and has very little nutritional value.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have much of a taste. I do like it mixed with romaine and for some reason I like iceburg lettuce when I make taco salads.

Other than that...my lettuce of choice is butter, spring mix, and romaine.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    yeah i always eat romaine and spinach. for years iceberg lettuce would annoy the heck out of me when i would get it in a salad i ordered. but i had it recently and it had a good amount of fiber in it when i logged it in.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE romaine or any kind of lettuce other than iceberg. I understand it is mostly water, but I prefer to eat it anyway - because it makes me feel fuller before I eat my dinner.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I usually eat romaine but iceberg lettuce is great and has lots of nutrients -- just because other lettuces have more doesn't mean iceberg isn't good too.

It's a good source of Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Iron and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2476/2#ixzz2GwU9H94M
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Grew up on Iceburg lettuce. Like the texture of it better than Romaine or those popular baby green mixes but I cant eat lettuce anymore so doesnt matter now :(
  • keevin33
    Options
    I like iceburg lettuce but prefer the greener lettuces because I am pretty sure that greener lettuce is healthier