Newbie / Healthy Recipe Ideas

Options
I have used the app a couple times but I find it so much easier to use my fitness pal on my desktop and want to start using it every day. I want lose a little bit of weight and tone up and I am going to need a lot of support! Also any easy and healthy recipe Ideas would be great! =) always trying to find something to pack for lunch that is easy so that I won't tend to eat out as much! Thanks!

Replies

• DanaVP
    DanaVP Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I'm not looking to lose much weight, but want to tone up. I saw your post and thought we might have similar goals. I also have been trying new healthier recipes and just generally trying to have a healthier lifestyle. It would be great to have someone to chat with about all this, share recipes.
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    I just had my 100th consecutive day log in and plan on more. I know you can stay committed also! The app makes things logging but the computer makes it easy to search the forums for info. Feel free to add me or anyone else that reads this! Consider keeping your diary open so that people can get a feel for what your dietary intake is. good luck!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    could do a protein shake and a piece of fruit...Ive packed breakfast burritos before and I use egg whites and spinach...tortillias are actually not too bad for you...add some sausage to it and make enough for a few days...
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Check out websites like Skinnytaste, Skinny Ms, Cooking Light, Eating Well and Skinny Kitchen. Lots of great recipes to be found!
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I take leftovers to work for lunch all the time - it's nice having a "home cooked meal" at the office.

For easy, awesome recipes, start with skinnytaste.com, skinnyms.com, and emilybites.com.
  • ClaireOBrien5
    Options
    Blogilates panckes, cookies & muffins are amazing http://www.blogilates.com/
  • raz658
    raz658 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank You Everyone! I will def check out those websites! =) and the breakfast burritos it a great idea!
  • DanaVP
    DanaVP Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually have a pretty light lunch and then an early dinner. Lunch is typically just raw veggies and fruit. I found a book at the library "Clean Food" for new dinner recipes. My first attempt is going to be on Saturday; squash casserole.
  • raz658
    Options
    the problem with dinner is because of my commute and now that I'm going to the gym also is that I don't get home until 8pm =/ so I can't really eat dinner early. When I eat before I workout I feel sick the whole time I'm workingout. The Squash Casserole sounds delish to me! Every summer my parents have a garden and we always have a ton of squash but we have never made a casserole. How did it turn out?
  • jesmarie423
    Options
    Sounds like we're in a similar boat. I have a long commute and workout after work, therefore I am not home until 8 or sometimes 9. What I'm learning is that preparation is the best method. It stinks to eat late but I am the same in that I feel sick if I eat prior to working out. I just began preparing lean turkey burgers (packing the ground meat with mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.) and grilled lemon pepper chicken on Sunday and mid-way through the week so there are always things I can heat up in a matter of minutes since I have minimal time.
    Also, this week I made spaghetti squash with some pesto and 1 tbsp on parmesan reggiano on a serving and it was delish. I've been having that as a side dish with dinner or even packing it for lunch as a side dish to a sandwich or salad. It's a great substitute for pasta and one medium squash has given me five 1/2 cup servings.
    I agree, packing left overs is a great option... and preparation is key :)
  • raz658
    Options
    Your right looks like I need to start planning out ahead of time... I can be a pain but in the end it will make things easier and I will get the results that I want. That spaghetti squash sounds really good and I bet it wasn't bad as a left overs. =) And I bet those turkeys burgers would be awesome... I would make them the mini slider size. Great ideas! Thank you so much!

and P.S.- Sorry you have to commute! I def feel for ya =/
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :-)