Please Help! Don't know how much calories to eat!

Options
There are a lot of conflicting pieces of information on here... So I figured I'd ask the masses for input. How many calories should a person like me eat?

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 449lbs
BF%: No idea
Body Type: Large frame, heavily muscled

I have a limited budget so I'm trying to determine my calories and ways to reach that goal. I typically do 5-7 sessions of 20+ minutes of cardio a week, lots of times getting up to an hour. In an hour, I average around 750 calories burned with cardio exercises.

˙ʎluo ʇuıod ɐ əʌoɹd oʇ sı ʇsod sıɥʇ ˙slɐuoıssəɟoɹd snoɹəɯnu ɥʇıʍ ʇısıʌ ʎlɹɐlnƃəɹ puɐ ʞuıl ʇıɟ ɐıpəɯʎpoq ɐ ɥʇıʍ əəpʇ ʎɯ pəuıɯɹəʇəp əʌɐɥ ʎllɐnʇɔɐ ı :ıʎɟ

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    *Bump* :)
  • gtreyger
    Options
    ˙ʎluo ʇuıod ɐ əʌoɹd oʇ sı ʇsod sıɥʇ ˙slɐuoıssəɟoɹd snoɹəɯnu ɥʇıʍ ʇısıʌ ʎlɹɐlnƃəɹ puɐ ʞuıl ʇıɟ ɐıpəɯʎpoq ɐ ɥʇıʍ əəpʇ ʎɯ pəuıɯɹəʇəp əʌɐɥ ʎllɐnʇɔɐ ı :ıʎɟ

I'm curious, what point are you trying to prove, and have you done it?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of conflicting pieces of information on here... So I figured I'd ask the masses for input. How many calories should a person like me eat?

All the calories.
  • ma_oeuvre
    ma_oeuvre Posts: 123
    Options

I'm curious, what point are you trying to prove, and have you done it?

I'm curious myself...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont get your post... your asking for people to take the time and "help" you, but then you say you are only trying to prove a point? what point would that be?
  • Fffrick
    Fffrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest a basal Metabolic Rate calculator. Here you enter your target (lets use short term target if you are going from 445lbs to say 300. I enter my age, TARGET WEIGHT, height, sex (M/F), and activity level. I set activity level at 0%. This will give you your required calories to reach said weight. From there, I add calories burned during exercise to total consumed for a net sum of how much I can eat each day.
    Hope this helps.
    Frick
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is 3486 on this site, so why not try 1000 less!

http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is 3486 on this site, so why not try 1000 less!

http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm
    You're assuming she wants to lose weight. She didn't state what her goal was, so any calorie advice to her hypothetical question would be utterly meaningless.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    MEH
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    WTF!!!!!!
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is a Troll post..could be wrong...
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try myfitnesspal you enter your details, choose how much weight you want to lose a week and it gives you a daily calorie allowance!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

Me too.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    you're kidding, right?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Yuuuuppp!

On that note, I suggest something netting well below your BMR for an extended period of time...yeah, that ought to do it.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options

That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Other than your stats, and a cutesy little message about trying to prove a point, you've pretty much given us bupkis to work with here.

Are you looking to lose weight? Consider starting with 85% of your TDEE, since you know what it is, and adjust accordingly. If you're already under a doctor's supervision, then stick with your treatment plan, since you're already consulting a professional.

Are you looking to become a Sumo wrestler, or are a power lifter? Then you need to consider your goals and eat accordingly.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options

I have a limited budget so I'm trying to determine my calories and ways to reach that goal. I typically do 5-7 sessions of 20+ minutes of cardio a week, lots of times getting up to an hour. In an hour, I average around 750 calories burned with cardio exercises.

You're a whack job!
  • roguestates
    Options
    I have only one question: HOW DID YOU TYPE UPSIDE-DOWN?!?
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously curious as to what people will have to say about the situation.

My stats are 100% true

My goal weight is 215.