Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Needing some motivation!

Hi there my name is Jennifer, I am 22 yrs old and this is probably my fourth time starting over. I have been trying to do this alone and figured out I need some support. I am a wife and mother to my 2yr old son. My husband is supportive of my goals but hes not as interested in fitness and health as I am. So I'm just looking for people I can talk and be able to relate to :) Thank you and can't wait to get started with everyone!!

Replies

• You are not alone. I understand how difficult it must be to lose weight. I just joined today and hope that I am able to shed off at least 10 lbs. I am much older than you, but know it can be done. Start with baby steps. Instead of taking the elevator at work, take the stairs; walk at lunch time, for 10- 15 minutes. Maybe even work out for a 15-20 minutes after you put your baby down. Start small and gratually adding a bit more. Girl, you are young and can do it! Good luck to you.

Felipa -47 yrs.

:smile:
  • CarolynCarrow
    CarolynCarrow Posts: 62 Member
    Add me! Looking to connect with some new friends who are in to this!
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    just remember I good it feels when you are better shape .

You have done it before and you can do it again.

For me, when I do get close to that goal, that is when I need to re-set my goals, so I can stay on track .

add me if you wish as friend
  • Me too! I started today also and just got back from a chilly 30 minute walk! I work full time and have 2 kids also but am trying to embrace the idea that I NEED to take this time for myself! I need to lose 20 lbs!!
  • We've got this Jennifer!!!
  • Jperez08
    Jperez08 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you everyone so much!! This is exactly what I needed :D
  • Micheledo
    Micheledo Posts: 8 Member
    Hi ! Is this the place for encouragement ? I also just joined and have tried and tried again. I know I need someone to help with support and encouragement The doc. is worried about my lungs etc. Loosing weight will help me.Thie advice that was givien is what I know to be true.. I know some things, but you still have to work at it .

Age 66
  • Hi, I'm starting over too. Looking for buddies to support me. :) I have 15 pounds to go and am happy to provide support :)