I've got some sweet tooth

I need healthy, delicious dessert ideas. What's your favorite low-cal dessert recipe? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• I always like the cake mix & a can of diet soda (nothing else)
    make cupcakes and ice with fat free whipped cream

Just one cake mix with 1 can of diet soda

white cake mix & diet orange
    spice cake & root beer
    chocolate cake & root beer
    white cake & 7 up

you can get creative... dont use the other ingredients it says to add to the mix... ONLY THE DIET POP
    then put in cupcake pan and freeze... take one out at a time...

they are delish
  • I always like the cake mix & a can of diet soda (nothing else)
    make cupcakes and ice with fat free whipped cream

Just one cake mix with 1 can of diet soda

white cake mix & diet orange
    spice cake & root beer
    chocolate cake & root beer
    white cake & 7 up

you can get creative... dont use the other ingredients it says to add to the mix... ONLY THE DIET POP
    then put in cupcake pan and freeze... take one out at a time...

they are delish

Wow very interesting! I'll have to try that out sometime. Thanks!

• I'm definitely trying this one! I love that you can just make it in the microwave lol
    Thanks Cassie!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 114 Member
    Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake!

I was just putting this in my log so I just happen to have it right here! LOL

1 box reduced sugar devils food cake mix
    2 boxes sugar free instant pudding mixes (I use chocolate usually)
    1 cup egg substitute
    1 1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini this time)
    1 cup applesauce

Mix all ingredients together and pour into sprayed bundt pan or divide into 16 to 24 cupcakes. The mixture is kind of fluffy and doesn't rise much at all. Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes for bundt cake or 20 minutes for cupcakes. Can serve with fat free cool whip.

I LOVE this cake, have it lots. You should see my recipe. It's darn near destroyed! haha. And you can switch up the cake mix and pudding flavors too. :)

16 servings has 175 calories, 3.5g fat and 1.2 fiber (I don't have rest of NI figured because this was the info I needed for Weight Watchers)
    24 servings has 117 calories, 2g fat and .8 fiber.

I prefer the 16 servings of course, and i enjoy eating it with vanilla ice cream. :)
  • I like custards, tapioca, or rice pudding. I think they are on the low cal side. I also, had a recipe for tofu cheese cake that has not cheese in it tofu instead, used to love this.
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    If you are on facebook there are so many places you can look up recipes... one of my favorites is Protein Pow(d)er because it adds an extra kick to your food.

Skinny Girl has great ideas too!

Oh, and I've tried the Diet Coke Cake (actually really good)...
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 324 Member
    Hot chocolate with whipped topping... My current sweet tooth filler...great for warming up too
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Go to chocolatecoveredkatie.com and look at her recipes. My husband and I are particularly fond of the chocolate chip cookies.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/05/27/the-best-healthy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

I make them with spelt flour instead of oat flour, sucanat instead of brown sugar, and omit the macadamia nuts. They're very tasty, and I don't find them all that time consuming.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Fruit.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Ice Cream!

2 frozen bananas
    2tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa (if you want a chocolate flavor, or any protein powdered flavor that you want)
    1-3tbs of almond milk
    1tbs of Stevia or Truvia or any sweetener you'd like, this is optional.
    Any other ingredient you'd like to add.

Cut the frozen bananas into slices and put into a food processor/blender, add all other ingredients you'd like, and blend it up. Once done, scoop out the result, and you've got yourself some delicious, healthy ice cream :')
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvQg6Q4jAQY

Here is a recipe for Rare Tofu Cheesecake, the site is cooking with dog. The reciepe is half cheese half tofu cutting fat down., The video is step by step so you do not need to know how to cook just follow.
  • Found a suggestion online yesterday to help pacify my sweet tooth. Went out and bought a jar or
    Kraft Marshmallow Fluff. Brought back memories for me.......any one remember taking a "fluffernutter"
    sandwich to school for lunch???

Anyway, 2 tablespoons of fluff is only 40 calories. Folded over one slice of Sara Lee whole wheat reduced calorie bread
    (45 calories) for a total sweet tooth snack of 85 calories. Loved it!! Won't be a regular staple of my food plan, but after finishing
    my first 10 days without any sweets, I didn't feel guilty about this one.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

Nothing there doesn't taste good. :) The cake in a mug is good, but use substitutions because the calories add up if you don't!

Also, a frozen banana blended with cocoa powder or whatever else really. You might want to add a bit of milk. It's like ice cream!
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Baked apples, frozen peaches, slices banana with a little salt (actually really delicious)... Fruit is considered healthy right?
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    I seriously need to re-think baked apples. Just reading that made my mouth water.
  • Mock pumpkin pie no crust milk eggs and a splash of brown sugar and maple sugar add spices. I do not use the full amount of pumpkin. I can splurge and eat 2cds without the guiltb

There is also on u tube Rare cheese cake with cooking with dog, on low fat side. I would suggest just looking at the very step by step video its neat.
  • Opps is full amount of sugar not pumpkin. The pumpkin is high in potassium.
  • Yogurt! Not a recipe, I know, but yogurt really satisfies my sweet tooth.