Can losing weight make you sick?

Options
2»

Replies

• florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It can be hard on your body to lose weight that fast.

I once lost 30 pounds in three months, which did a number on my gall bladder. Fortunately, it stabilized after a year, so I did not have to have it removed.

Hopefully your doctor can figure out exactly what's going on and get you healthy again. Maybe take it slower next time!
  • panamasammii
    panamasammii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went to the Hospital today and had an Ultrasound on my Liver/Pancreas/Gallbladder.

It turns out I have Gallstones. Some of them are quite big! 5.4mm! This would explain my severe pain and also apparently the high liver enzyme readings.
    I now have been referred to a Laparoscopic surgeon.

Thanks for all of your comments and support .
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Glad you found an answer. I had the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and it was great (as surgeries go). I was comfortably back to work in a week. And now I have NO scars whatsoever. And best of all, no gallstone pain. :)
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I went to the Hospital today and had an Ultrasound on my Liver/Pancreas/Gallbladder.

It turns out I have Gallstones. Some of them are quite big! 5.4mm! This would explain my severe pain and also apparently the high liver enzyme readings.
    I now have been referred to a Laparoscopic surgeon.

Thanks for all of your comments and support .

I hope that getting your gallbladder removed solves your problems. The higher glucose could've been a stress response to you bad gallbladder. Also, having hypothryoid put you at risk for being insulin resistant. It was a kick in the teeth for me to be told I am insulin resistant considering I had the healthiest lifestyle habits I had ever had being only a few pounds overweight and regularly exercising. I could go on and on about the thyroid conundrum. Mine is autoimmune.

Well, good luck and get better!!!