How should I best use my gym membership?

Options
2»

Replies

• jctillman70
    Options
    Please make sure you speak with the staff. Every gym that I have ever joined has provided orientation for the machines in the weight room at no cost. I would be suspect of any gym that did not at a minimum offer a session on how to properly use the equipment.

Otherwise the suggestions for the new rules for lifting is good.

Good luck.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Does the New Rules of Lifting for Women give you relatively exact instructions? I don't think I can afford a trainer on top of the membership. I'll definitely have to see if they offer a free session for new members.

Yep, it provides very exact illustrations and instructions, along with very detailed background on why you're doing the things you're doing in the program.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Just started at gym so will have to see if I get a free session with a trainer if not will pay for few sessions to get familiar with equipment. Definitely will check out the websites too! Much appreciated! :flowerforyou:
  • jmransom
    Options
    We have been going to classes at our loval Y but are starting to include a cycle Spinning class twice a week. Both my husband and I enjoy the classes because of the comaraderie and it gives us focus.