Looking for friends!!!

Options
jpofit
jpofit Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I'm setting myself on a dedicated 365day journey - and myfitnesspal will be helping me!! I transformed my health 5yrs ago taking off 70lbs and since then have served as a group fitness instructor and diabetes prevention coach to help others. Now as 2013 begins, I've watched some weight creep back up as life happens, so I'll be working on taking 20lbs off my 5'7 frame....then maintaining that by sticking to heatlhy eating. I'm great at staying on track with fitness and answering questions, but really want to focus on consuming the foods I know will keep me going for my own goals as well! I've been a sporadic user of myfitnesspal throughout the years, but need more friends to help me stay actively TRACKING, so I keep committed all year!!!!!! I am a great motivator when it comes to healthy and weightloss - so anyone interested in teaming up, "you keep me accountable at logging, I'll keep you accountable at doing" then please let me know! I know I will need it!!! :)

Replies

• RockinAnnie78
    RockinAnnie78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 130 lbs 5 years ago, and am now looking to lose 15-17 lbs after regainging some weight. So im here to do make sure i stay focused on myself and don't fall back into old unhealthy habits.
  • Hugh_G
    Hugh_G Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can friend me but have to hold my feet to the the fire and I will do the same.....
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OK, so how do we do this? Is there a place some where that we "click" and are now friends like on FB.

A little about me, I am 43 years old, a wife and mother. I have gained 35 pounds in the past 5 years and my first goal is to lose that weight then I will go from there as I will still be overweight at 180 pounds. I have tried many times in the past couple of years to lose weight but it is very hard since my husband is overweight as well and he sneaks food into the house and I find it and eat it. We also are really bad for each other when it comes to eating. His way of dieting is ONLY by counting calories and eating any type of food he wants. I have tried to tell him that we need to change the way we eat as well.

Looking forward to having someone to do this with.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but very motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi....................and welcome......................feel free to add me................accountability and motivation are key to being successful!:flowerforyou:
  • Inkchick
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I need all the motivation I can get :)

I lost 137 lbs about 5 years ago and have regained 61, but lost 29.5 of that regain since May 2012. I've been stuck since Thanksgiving and it's time to shake it loose.
  • mummyk2013
    Options
    new here and needing people to help give me that motivational kick up the backside! feel free to add me if you wish
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm eating fresh and clean for the next 27 days- ( whole 30). Diet and lifestyle clean up act.
    Add me if you are like minded!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I let my pals know : ) they're pretty awesome
  • mattw926
    mattw926 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. Team work and support are the best ways to reach your goal. Together we can do it!

Matt
  • guamybear81
    Options
    New here.....In need of new friends and support to stay on track and reach me goal.....Add me !!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I let my pals know : ) they're pretty awesome

I sent a friend request!
  • jpofit
    jpofit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You Got it! Thanks everyone - sounds like we'll be on it together! I'm getting used to how to add and whatnot myself, but the goals are certainly worth the work :) Together we're STRONGER than one!
  • jingermanko
    Options
    I really need motivators...i will send you a friends request. I started mfp about 6 months ago, and have been on and off of it. I am commited being more consistant with logging my food. I need help with both. I am terrible about working out. I work night shift and it makes me lazy on my days off. My job itself usually keeps me on my feet, but there are those days especially in the summer where i might sit most of the day. Good luck with your life style goal and I look forward to us motivating eachother to live healthier.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me as well. I'm just getting back into a healthier lifestyle and can always use new friends to help motivate and I will return the favor as well :)
  • yogi4ever
    Options
    Hi I would love to team up! Lets keep each other motivated!
  • chigau_me
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) i need support and am willing to provide support! i need to lose about 80lbs