olive garden

Options
2»

Replies

• ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden has a low fat salad dressing that tastes almost identical to their regular dressing. Get it on the side and then go crazy with the unlimited salad. I usually get a bowl of the minestrone soup and limit myself to only one breadstick, if any.
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has awesome meals that are under 550 calories.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pick a non-chain restaurant. Or, better yet have a nice meal at home.:smile:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Restaurants to avoid for healthy eating and Olive Garden is on that list. Sorry... so just go and enjoy or pick a different restaurant. I do go there but I only eat the salad with NO dressing and ministroni soup and no bread sticks.

that sounds terribly boring.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, put half (or 2/3) of it in a to-go box before you start eating. Their portions are huge!

This. If you go pasta, pick red over white sauce.
    Skipping the complimentary breadsticks or just having 1/2 of one helps too. I also try and fill up on their salad so it's easier to box up half of the main dish, but I pick the croutons out. And if you go over a little this one time it's ok as long as you get back on track after =]
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the parmesan tilapia and it comes with veggies - it is delicious! Just an idea :)

Tilapia isn't vegetarian. If she's a pescatarian it's a good choice though.
  • Ctcaa90
    Ctcaa90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They have a light salad dressing. It's actually really good. Ask for the salad with light dressing on the side. That will help a lot because their dressing is very high in calories.