What do you watch when working out?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MSNBC :)
  • cynthie_c
    cynthie_c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I'm several years behind, but I just discovered Friday Night Lights. I'm through season 3. Since I only allow myself to watch it on my treadmill or exercising/stretching, there have been days that I have exercised for 2-3 hours just so I can know what happens. Plus I wish I looked like Tyra!
  • loolabell15
    Options
    I know I'm several years behind, but I just discovered Friday Night Lights. I'm through season 3. Since I only allow myself to watch it on my treadmill or exercising/stretching, there have been days that I have exercised for 2-3 hours just so I can know what happens. Plus I wish I looked like Tyra!

I love Friday Night Lights! I especially heart Tim Riggins!
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "Alias" and "Buffy". Pretty much any show where women are kicking *kitten*!
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The Niagra Falls down my face. Such a motivator.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    i stare at people doing weights to keep what they are doing in mind and then try them at home later, when i get bored, or feel like a creeper then i focus on the most interesting tv the gym has on.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Whether at the gym or running outside, I always watch people. Ok, not watch - stare... and sometimes end up accidentally making eye contact with them while creeper-staring and even seeing how uncomfortable and often scared they are, I just can't look away...

tumblr_ltp9dajdef1qjtmz6.gif

My hubs always says that one of these days someone is going approach me about it...

tumblr_lzq6lhvvsq1r53v3s.gif

THIS!!! Often times while on the elliptical I won't even realize I have been steady staring at someone until they give me the look like they think I'm crazy. Can't help it, my gym's cardio area faces the lifting/machine area. Watching those people get their fitness on inspires me to go do it too!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I watch the girls in yoga pants in front of me :love:
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    cardio bunnies

what he said and my HRM..lol
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    Listen to music when running but when doing incline walking, The Big Bang Theory always makes the forget what I'm doing
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I read my Nook on the treadmill: The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Hot warrior vampires who find love while kicking *kitten*. Good stuff.

LOVE that series! It's funny as heck with just enough raunchy thrown in!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    nothing Im working out....I can watch whatever after the fact..........that includes running on the treadmill
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I listen to music and just wonder off into my own little world and thoughts.
    I sometimes watch the calories burnt and speed on the elliptical or bike or whatever I'm on. Sometimes I look at the floor, person or TV in front of me, but mostly just wonder off aimlessly.
    When I lift, I look in the mirror.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of "books on CD" uploaded to my Ipod, so that keeps me going for HOURS :-D
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Workout DVDS :P

If I'm doing something besides that I usually listen to music. I don't have cable, but I have a digital box and very rarely I will watch Judge Mathis, The View, Scandal, American Idol or whatever singing show is on atm.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe so many people don't watch TV or something when working out... Good for you guys for keeping the motivation... But I need something to distract me from my body screaming at me that it would much rather be eating bacon at that very moment than running on the elliptical.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Whenever I'm at the cardio machines, I watch either soccer matches of Real Madrid esp with Barca (I'm a Madridista haha) or a basketball game.
  • jlsexson
    Options
    I always workout to zumba, so can't really watch anything else.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    otherwise I just blast skrillex
    tumblr_mb5zg42Jxz1rua1nno1_500.jpg

And OP, to answer your question...I just gawk at myself in the mirror.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Either the instructor or the road... there is no way I have the attention span to watch TV AND work out at the same time...