Options

Replies

• SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I actually liked how I looked in the mirror today.. a rare ocassion
  • JanelleSonnenberg1
    JanelleSonnenberg1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Worked out on the elliptical for the fourth time this week doing 30 min. at a time (whoa!!!) ..and I cut my meal in half tonight instead of eating it all..:)
  • willster01
    willster01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was having several coworkers tell me that I was looking good! It's a such a good feeling to have others notice our hard work.
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I went through a whole Bikram yoga Class (90 minutes in 105 degree room) without missing a single pose :)
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Burned 500 calories in my kickboxing class! Most calories burned in a workout ever for me!
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Made it thru 30 minutes of a 50 minute Bollywood dance video! I normally walk when I first wake up (and did this morning), but my hubby has started MFP and now walks in the evening. I had the tv to myself for 30 minutes tonight and I exercised! I know it's not much to some folks, but I'm pretty proud!

I am now googling Bollywood dance video that sounds amazing!!!

I completed my diary and was 4 calories under.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I survived the cycle/pump class today! The instructor was tough on us today and a part of me wanted to quit half way through the pump part but I didn't! I stuck it out till the end!
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    made it further through Shred 5 than I have on 1-4....and didn't have to unbutton my pants sitting at my 9 hour a day desk job.
  • amyacp
    amyacp Posts: 1
    Options
    Instead of cancelling our Zumba class-since there were only 2 of us-we decided to go ahead! It made all the difference.

NSV this weekend- my daughter looked at me and said "Mom-you have gotten so skinny" then turned to her brothers and said "hasnt she?". They agreed!!! Whoop-Whoop!!

Zumba is sooo much fun BTW- I really think everyone here did Awesome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV - my son (9 months) was sick and threw up on me 3 times, on the floor once, and in our bed once. On top of that, I bundled him up for a visit to my parents - and my car wouldn't start. Waited 2 hours for a boost. Car was then working, but couldn't get the radio to work because of anti-theft system (couldn't find the code - so, will have to call the dealership). Normally, this type of day would lead me to binging - but I sucked it up and ate some fruit!

I'm more proud of yesterday's NSV - was supposed to go out for lunch with my husband - but he was sick..so, I ended up going to the gym instead..and again, instead of treating myself with food afterwards, I took a nice bubble bath and read a book!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's accomplishments so far! My daily NSV was doing 45 minutes off the seat in spin class!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To all of you whose NSVs include exercise or healthy eating, I'm impressed. You are an inspiration to me.

My NSV for today is that I caught my reflection in a glass movie poster case at the theater - and I did a double-take because I saw a slim, fit woman in skinny jeans looking back at me. To make sure I have more NSVs like this one I guess I'd better get on the stationary bike instead of finishing off the Christmas Toblerone.
  • JaseyMakesHerMove
    Options
    In gym class today my teacher was impressed on how my heart rate stays low even though I bike faster that some of the other students. xD
    It feels good to be sort of conditioned to cardio work-outs again.
  • cincobabes
    cincobabes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Restarted going to the gym after a 6 month hiatus!
  • teschy123
    Options
    I ran for 3 miles without stopping!!! Total NSV since its the first time EVER!!!!!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well, this was yesterday not today but it still makes me smile. I realized back in May that the only road forward through my knee issues was going to involve weight loss to prove my doctor wrong about that being the sum total of the problem. So I vowed not to go back until I was lighter than when I first met him 15 years ago, when I discovered I was pregnant with my first born, and could make an impression. According to my scale, I am about 78 lbs down, somewhere between 10-13 pounds lighter than back then right now. He did beautifully!! Nurse was weighing and measuring me when he came out of another examining room, and glanced at us, said hi and started to go the other way, then suddenly stopped and whipped around doubling back exclaiming, "Who's THAT thin lady??!!" So mission accomplished in that regard -- he was suitably impressed so I can safely say I made the impression I was going for and got his attention focused on something other than my weight so now we can move forward -- even though I've got 40ish pounds to go to final goal where I will be satisfied. It's the thrill of vindication....I was right like I always knew I was but now he knows it too. :o) Not to gloat too much .... cause I really do like my doc, that's why I've stayed with him all this time, even though we now live 40 minutes from his office instead of 10. But when you're right, you're right and it's nice to be able to prove it and have it acknowledged!
  • janfish2
    janfish2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    happy with small successes - walked past a bowl of tootsie rolls at work today innumerable times (my favs) and touched not....the morning kitchen feast of mini cupcakes and chocolate..touched not. Ate only on plan. yippee
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    90 Min muay thai workout. In pain but still smiling :)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I put on an old t-shirt and it was too small in the upper torso area. Male NSV's are sometimes the opposite of female NSV's :wink:
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    Started back at the gym this evening by attending a zumba class. I haven't been exercising lately due to first being sick, then having family stuff get in the way, and then having friends from out of state drop in last week very last minute, so I hadn't exercised in what feels like ages. Phew, what a workout--I am exhausted right down to my bones.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!