Water question!

Options
Hello everyone! :o)
I just have a question, I'm wondering if you could tell me how much water you have in a day, I have about 2 liters a day (8 cups), and I'm fine at the start of the day for the water going down easily, but after a while it gets gross and my body just doesn't want it anymore haha, I just force it down for approx. the last 500ml's.
So my other question is do you have any ways you spruce up water (ie: Lemon), but I'd like for something other than crystal light and stuff full of aspartame!
Thanks a bunch!
- evolve1587

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I drink 96+ oz of water each day....The best way to probably spruce up your water is by adding lime.
  • ebony054
    ebony054 Posts: 1
    Options
    i am the same way! .. but what i do now is , i drink a gal of water a day, if sooo had for me 2 drink it straight, so i add crystal light pack, 2 it.. and its only 5 cal a pack.. but all in all now that i drink that a day, im pushing the weight off easier, with my diet and exercise
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    To spruce it up you can add any of these: any citrus slices, apple slices, cucumber peel, fresh mint, berries, and grapes.
    I also consider tisanes (herbal tea) in my water count as there are no cals, no sugars, and no caffeine.
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I also drink about 2 liters of water a day. I try to drink most of it by early after noon. then if I want I treat my self with a diet Coke or something else. If you like iced tea or green tea you could use that in your water to make it very dilute to change the flavor. I like my water i have and don't mind drinking lots of water. The lemon juice or squeeze of lime sound good also.
  • chicka200413
    Options
    I put lemon in my water if I am bored with it. But I know some people who put frozen berries in their water too, I haven't tried that yet.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Drop come cucumber in it. It thought this was weird at first when a coworker told me about it, but it's actually really refreshing!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I use "True Lemon", "True Lime" and "True Orange" packets. I get them at my grocery store...0 cal, 0g sugar and no artifical sweeteners. All of them are very yummy! I personally use 1 packet for 20 oz H2O or more. But you can use more or less to your taste! I have tried cucumber water before and it was ok. You have to really like the taste of cucumbers though! LOL
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I take a few sprigs of fresh mint and some lime zest in my french coffee press and add some hot water, letting it steep for a few minutes. Then I press out the solids and pour it over ice in my 32oz water just and add cold water to top it off. No added calories, caffeine or fake flavors and very refreshing!! I'll have it gone in no time because it tastes good!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't need all that water. I would advise drinking water if you are thirsty, drinking water instead of sodas, and drinking water to rehydrate after exercising. But don't force yourself to drink some magic number of ounces of water a day. It's likely not necessary.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't need all that water. I would advise drinking water if you are thirsty, drinking water instead of sodas, and drinking water to rehydrate after exercising. But don't force yourself to drink some magic number of ounces of water a day. It's likely not necessary.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

I agree. I try to get at least 64 oz (eight glasses) but sometimes my body just doesn't want it so I figure that I must be hydrated enough and just drink what I feel like then. Plus you don't want to detox yourself!
  • BellaBones
    BellaBones Posts: 136
    Options
    Mint and cucumber in water is really refreshing. I try to drink as much as my body will let me. I really do not have a magic number, but try to go for atleast half gallon a day and when doing loads of action I try to get a full gallon. I roller skate so there is never enough water when you are at practice.
  • evolve1587
    evolve1587 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much! I really appreciate all your suggestions! I'll definitely be trying these soon!!