Chia Seed

Options
Thoughts? Pros and Cons? Taste? Any comparisons to Quinoa or Flax Seed?

I just order some to try it out but would like more first had opinions on it.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Filling. I don't think it really tastes like much. I eat it in my overnight oatmeal.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    They're fun to drink it water. Like mini slime balls. That may not be fun for you, but I certainly enjoy it. I've also been known to put them in my protein shakes and oatmeal. If you let them sit they'll thicken things, but if you eat/drink things right away they're sort of like poppy seeds.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    How much do you digest? I was reading about them in Muscle and Fitness mag this week, and it sounds like they are not the easiest thing to digest. I wonder if they are good milled and added into flour…
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not at all like quinoa, a wee bit like flaxseed.

I add a spoonful to a mashed banana and whisked egg white, then microwave to form a breakfast pancake.
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    I take them all the time and they are easy to digest. add to salads,yogurt,oatmeal. You can pretty much top anything make it like a sensa packet by putting it on your food. It has absolutely no taste and packs major health benefits you can even put in water and drink real fast :P
  • Krilpa
    Krilpa Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm excited to try to refrigerator oatmeal. Thanks

I'm also pumped to know that I can add them to shakes, smoothies, and just water. What is the pricing like. I bought a pack online because i had a gift card but what is the pricing like in stores?