Is anyone else shredding? If so I need your help :)

Options
I'm back on board for the new year and am doing a work out DVD by Jillian Michaels called the 30 Day Shred (well I'm doing Ripped in 30 this time round) - it's an intense 3-2-1 workout that is done in under 30 mins, and trust me, it's worth doing.

My only trouble is, breaking down the work out to incorporate the calories burned into my daily exercise points.... is there anyone doing this dvd and if so is there a quick fix for point tracking?

Appreciate any help :)

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    When I started the 30 Day Shred I came across this post on MFP. Most people who commented on it seemed to think it was fairly accurate so I used that formula and then created my own exercise and put the calorie count in. I know a lot of people just log it as curcuit training though, which seems to also work well. The other option is to get a HRM monitor, but I think using either of the other two options should give you a close enough estimate. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/792369-how-do-you-guys-feel-about-jillian-s-response-to-this?hl=how+do+you+guys+feel+about+jillian
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    the shred is great for toning but not so much for high calorie burns - I am 210lbs and burn just over 200 calories - and I think this is about the norm - so don't log it too high. for easier logging, add it on to your custom exercise as you will be using the same thing for 30 days :)
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nope I'm Ripping instead :-P