Are you there ......because here I am

Options
We got family pics done for the holidays and it was dreadful. Something has to change. I need some help.

Replies

• SarahFaith1211
    SarahFaith1211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ugh I hear ya. I looked at my holiday pics with my family and I was like REALLY?!? I have made myself a goal of going to the gym at least 5 days a week and MyFitnessPal will help me try to stay under a 1200 calorie intake. In September-October last year I lost 15 lbs just by using MyFitnessPal and the gym, alas I gained in back. Would love to have you on my friends list so we can cheer eachother on!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    nevermind...
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I was ther a year ago. I'm pretty good at avoiding cameras but my son was videoing the dog last Christmas and he swept by me several times. OMG! What a whale! It took me till February to actually do something about it. But since then, I've lost 65 pounds. My goal was to get back into a size 14 pants. I did that in October and now I'm in a 12!!! :bigsmile:
    I hate that it took me getting to that point to do something but I love where I'm at now! Good luck ladies! Feel free to add me if you'd like a little support and encouragement along the way. I'm here everyday.
  • YZF7
    YZF7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. I said skip the family pic this year. There's no way I wanted "that" mailed out with the Christmas cards. Shouldn't be so self-conscious, but it is not attractive. At least that's how I feel.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anytime. I'm very motivated, and yes, pictures are really not my thing either right now.
  • vb51
    vb51 Posts: 2
    Options
    OMG I can so relate to your portrait woes. It was my bright idea to have a family portrait taken this Christmas and when we all looked at the proofs on the computer (majority of us 50+) nobody liked their pictures! After repeatedly explaining to the photographer that I thought the pictures would be shot from the bust up I instructed her to crop my pictures into shots from the bust up! Somehow a picture shows the hard truth that we can overlook in the mirror.
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    add me! i totally know what you mean about the pictures :( been wearing only sweats these days...can't stand the tightness of the jeans
  • Aprilh479
    Options
    I tried to avoid all the camera!!! I really have to changed I don't want to spend the rest of my life ducking out the cameras!!! I need some friends and some motivation! Please feel free to add me!!!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh i know all about the pics taken at christmas!!! .... im even trying to hide my self in them , which didnt help at all lol
  • Eric38877
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me.
  • yogi4ever
    Options
    Hi my name is Veronica and I'm new also. I'm tired of all my clothes fitting so tight and I also need to lose at least 25 lbs because I'm diabetic. I'm tired and just done with being fat. 2013 is the year to lose the weight!
  • blackacres93
    Options
    Wellm I have same thing :)
    thats why iam gonna change it, and don`t give up!
  • blackacres93
    Options
    I was ther a year ago. I'm pretty good at avoiding cameras but my son was videoing the dog last Christmas and he swept by me several times. OMG! What a whale! It took me till February to actually do something about it. But since then, I've lost 65 pounds. My goal was to get back into a size 14 pants. I did that in October and now I'm in a 12!!! :bigsmile:
    I hate that it took me getting to that point to do something but I love where I'm at now! Good luck ladies! Feel free to add me if you'd like a little support and encouragement along the way. I'm here everyday.
    wow, U amazed me! I am really really shocked well done! keep up the good work! :)