Side/Ab stitches - Beginner needs help

Options
Hi all,

I am only a beginner so please go easy on me.

I have been doing some circuit training and get VERY angry with myself because most of the time I can't complete it because of pain.

I have been doing the 30DS and am only on level 1 but the jump rope, jumping jacks and butt kicks make me get a stitch in my left abdominal area next to my hip.

Can someone please explain to me in simple terms why this could be happening and how I can correct it. I just do the stretches before hand that Jillian shows me to do. What additional stretches can you recommend that would stretch out this area before starting the exercise?

Thank you :)

Replies

• delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to get a lot of side stitches when I was just starting running. I'm not sure if it's the same with you, but mine had to deal with how much oxygen I was getting. How are you breathing when you're exercising? Whenever I get side stitches, I take long & deep breaths & it usually helps to alleviate any pain.
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A friend on MFP said this could be it. I realised the other day in an exercise class that sometimes I don't breath because I am concentrating that much! Do you just stop what youre doing or keep going and breathe heavily?

Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated.