51 Yr old Female New here :)

Options
luly727
luly727 Posts: 202 Member
Hi everyone! After a life long battle with my weight , I am here and on a mission to get it off and keep it off. I need support, ideas, motivation & some friends. I have no support at home, My husband can eat anything and everything and not gain a LB. He is disgusted with my weight but makes no attempt to support me or encourage me, so I am on my own here.
I am basically healthy or so I thought. 3 weeks ago my Dr. did blood work and my cholesterol, Triglycerides and Blood Pressure were elevated, so he put me on a Low Fat, Low Salt, Low Cholesterol diet. I have changed eating habits and officially started my new journey on March 24, 2010. My starting weight was 187, My current weight as of April 12, 2010 is 179. I did not lose any weight last week :(
Planning to make myself get up and get outside and walk a mile a day and gradually build up to 2 miles a day.
Looking forward to meeting new friends on here :)

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You may add me as a friend if you wish. This site is a great way to get the support, motivation, and accountability you need to stay on track.
  • carolemsavoie
    Options
    Hi , & welcome 2 myfitnesspal ......... I've been here for 3 weeks now I'm very in need of losing weight as my cholesterol is high & I have anemia & it makes me have dizzy spells .... I felt that I needed 2 do something about it .... You also can add me as a friend if you'd like my E mail is carolemsavoie@msn.com ....
  • ldtoner
    ldtoner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just take it a day at a time and don't expect yourself to be perfect. It would be nice if we were all like your husband and could eat anything we wanted, but that isn't usually the way. Take charge of your own health and do what you know. The rest will take care of itself. Good luck!
  • luly727
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome!! I have added you all as my friends and I look forward to giving u all support too in this journey :)
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step and joining us here!:happy: There is so much support and encouraging people on here and you will find that out! I started this journey on Jan 17 the day after my grandsons 2nd birthday..and I have had nothing but succes so far..I have lost 31lbs and feel great..as for your hubby..he needs to encourage you not discourage..family support is a key issue also..I would suggest that youmaybe have a talk with him about what you want and how you want him involved with you..let him know that you want to do this for yourself but that you want to be around to spend many more years with him..but you just need to focus on you and remember that this is the "me" time..you can do this with his help or with out..remember that small steps lead to big steps which lead a new you!.. Stick with it and devote the time to learn all the great tools that this site has to offer..so with that all said pick some friends on here to help and encourage you and even chew your butt when ya need it:laugh: ..and get started..Best of luck to ya!:flowerforyou:
  • luly727
    Options
    TY Youngs...I plan on sticking it out this time with everyone's help and support here..Congrats on yr weight loss its a great inspiration..
    I know I can do this!!

Luly