Ive found a Low Calorie and Low Carb Rice alternative!! Yey!

Options

Replies

• GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks for posting! I love my rice, but could use a substitute once in a while.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    this is a cool idea... thank you. I am going to try it.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this. I use canned (rinse them) bean sprouts instead of pasta with sauce and meatballs. For the carbs I can have the whole can.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My favorite kind of rice is............Rice. White, Brown, Yellow, Purple, Blue, it doesn't matter.

If I wanted cauliflower I would eat Cauliflower. This is almost as bad as substituting pizza dough with cauliflower. *sigh*

Oh my - this from the guy that has egg whites as his staple food.....now if I eat eggs I eat the whole egg - not just the whites.....so some of us like cauliflower rice - and some egg whites...I know which one I would rather eat!

Great tip Mike - here is my favorite recipe.... I chop up some chillies instead of the seasoning ....http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1626071845/another-simpler-version-of-cauliflower-rice
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OOhhhh... I'll definitely try that one, thanks!!
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    My favorite kind of rice is............Rice. White, Brown, Yellow, Purple, Blue, it doesn't matter.

If I wanted cauliflower I would eat Cauliflower. This is almost as bad as substituting pizza dough with cauliflower. *sigh*

Oh my - this from the guy that has egg whites as his staple food.....now if I eat eggs I eat the whole egg - not just the whites.....so some of us like cauliflower rice - and some egg whites...I know which one I would rather eat!

Great tip Mike - here is my favorite recipe.... I chop up some chillies instead of the seasoning ....http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1626071845/another-simpler-version-of-cauliflower-rice

Haha, i literally just laughed out loud reading that, nicely put
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Love it, thanks for sharing that tip!
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Great idea . Ill have to try that!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes its an alternative same as Spagetti squash in place of noddles/pasta- BUT it still taste like califlower and squash ;)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options

And the point in your post was, I was simply trying to help others

I love rice too but on my diet it has way too many carbs and calories so if there is an alternative that doesnt taste too disimilar then Ill eat it, you dont have to?

I'm pretty sure I made my point in my post. You posted a topic. I posted my opinion on it. I'm pretty sure that's how things work, welcome to the internet. If you don't like my opinion then that's fine with me. No need to get sensitive.

Go Rice!!!!

Gotta love a good idiot.

Lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Every six months or so, I try the Caulifower Rice alternative. It's okay, but I soon tire of it. I prefer rice.

Same thing for the Cauliflower Mashed Potatos. It's an okay substitute, but gets old fast.

Then there are lots of suggestions to add this or that to make the flavors more comparable. By the time I add everything, I should have just had the rice or potatoes in reasonable amounts.
  • 16gemini
    Options
    that sounds great have to try that, I already like mashed caulflower so this ought to be just as good.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    YEP, Use it all the time, way better alternative...I use it for pizza crust, shepherds pie topping, and going to try sushi!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    YEP, Use it all the time, way better alternative...I use it for pizza crust, shepherds pie topping, and going to try sushi!!

ANYTHING would taste good dipped in Wasabi and Soy Sauce.
  • jennaworksout
    Options

I love rice too but on my diet it has way too many carbs and calories so if there is an alternative that doesnt taste too disimilar then Ill eat it, you dont have to?

exactly....gheeez :noway:
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually agree. I am so tired of people thinking good carbs are evil! You need carbs in the form of good not refined. Brown rice is good for you in small portions just dont go all crazy eating a giant portion! On the other side of the fence i do tend to like riced cauliflower it's different but it will never replace rice for me just a different way to eat cauliflower.

I'm pretty sure I made my point in my post. You posted a topic. I posted my opinion on it. I'm pretty sure that's how things work, welcome to the internet. If you don't like my opinion then that's fine with me. No need to get sensitive.

Go Rice!!!!

Gotta love a good idiot.

Yes. I do love myself. Thanks.
  • cazzahi
    cazzahi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    cauliflower paella, it is a must for any seafood lovers, secret is don't over cook the cauliflower, oh and leak as pasta alternative in lasagna, its eating the foods we like but healthy versions. OH AND I THOUGHT WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER?
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    I actually agree. I am so tired of people thinking good carbs are evil! You need carbs in the form of good not refined. Brown rice is good for you in small portions just dont go all crazy eating a giant portion! On the other side of the fence i do tend to like riced cauliflower it's different but it will never replace rice for me just a different way to eat cauliflower.

Go Rice!!!!

Gotta love a good idiot.

Yes. I do love myself. Thanks.

again , this is a post for people looking for low carb, not looking for anti-low carb views.