What is the stronglifts routine?

Options
I keep hearing about stronglifts and people keep saying just do it, you alternate A, B, etc.

Basically all I want is a step by step each day what to I do and then what do I move onto the next day, month, week?

I want to try it but I'm confused about how it works. Is there anywhere listed exactly what exercises to do which days and how to do the program? Any help would be awesome!

Right now I'm doing Chalean Extreme, wanted to start Les Mills Pump but then heard about stronglifts and thought it's maybe a better option if I can just understand how do to it and what the order is! :)

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't actually go look it up or anything.

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's here http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/ - simplest (as in not complicated) lifting routine ever! Taken from that page:

Workout A Workout B
    Squat 5×5 Squat 5×5
    Bench Press 5×5 Overhead Press 5×5
    Barbell Rows 5×5 Deadlift 1×5

And there's a spreasheet you can download, tweak for your starting stats and go from there.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Man, did Google go bankrupt or something?
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    sorry, i just don't understand the alternating parts.... thought maybe someone nice would help me understand it. i guess some of you are not it. ;)
  • newhabit
    Options
    It's here http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/ - simplest (as in not complicated) lifting routine ever! Taken from that page:

Workout A Workout B
    Squat 5×5 Squat 5×5

And there's a spreasheet you can download, tweak for your starting stats and go from there.

thanks, very helpful
  • newhabit
    Options

sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me... what i am looking for is week 1 what do you actually do? it's actually confusing at first. i know some of you have done it for a while so you dont' see how someone couldnt' understand it in 5 seconds.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Workout A Workout B
    Squat 5×5 Squat 5×5

thanks, very helpful
    She literally just took that from the Stronglifts website, which is the first link that pops up if you Google "Stronglifts".

D'oh.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Giggle

Read up a bit on it. It is a great program-There is also a group on here Stronglifts. Wish you good luck , you can never go wrong with a solid lifting program-Another good one_http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
    Take care:-)
  • newhabit
    Options

thanks, this is actually really helpful. i didn't realize there was a group that explained what you actually did.
  • newhabit
    Options
    it's amazing how you can come on here and ask for an explanation of something in english not just 5x5 and workout a and workout b and people have to make fun. no wonder people avoid the forums with any new question.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    it's amazing how you can come on here and ask for an explanation of something in english not just 5x5 and workout a and workout b and people have to make fun. no wonder people avoid the forums with any new question.

Because they have been answered a million times. A simple search would have given you exactly what you wanted.......but, I guess that type of simple effort is too much to ask in this immediate gratification culture....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Did you ask a new question that I didn't see? Because the question that I read you post actually isn't new and there is a sticky with your answers.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

No one made fun. I gave you the actual link to the actual website of the stronglifts program that explains how it works. Had you expended the effort required to type "stronglifts" into a search engine window you would have found it yourself.

Best of luck in your weight lifting endeavours.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

This. And Stronglifts is awesome. :bigsmile:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I also want others to do all the work for me. Perhaps if they are nice enough they will lift for me and I will reap the benefits.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options

thanks, this is actually really helpful. i didn't realize there was a group that explained what you actually did.

I know where you're coming from. I read and re-read the website and didnt understand it fully until I downloaded the iphone app! I joined that group but havent posted because I havent been to the gym this week - still sick.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Also there's an app you can pick up to track your workouts, 5x5 Stronglifts, it's free.

It's a lot easier than bringing pen and paper with you.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Because they have been answered a million times. A simple search would have given you exactly what you wanted.......but, I guess that type of simple effort is too much to ask in this immediate gratification culture....

I dont understand why it bothers people if a question's been asked over and over again. You're not obligated in any way to answer over and over again. Just pass by the thread and let someone else answer.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    "You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital."

"A hospital? What is it?"

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now."