The Color Run 5K - Atlanta

Options
I'm officially registered for my first 5K! I'm so excited about doing the Color Run. Anyone else running it? Anyone run it in the past?

Replies

• leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ran the one in Little Rock in November. If you're interested in your time, take something with you to time yourself, since they don't time the race. Also, I would suggest some sort of mouth/nose covering. That stuff is nasty to breath in, especially if you get it in your teeth. But it's fun- and definitely something different! :)
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ran the Color Run in Tulsa this past June. I ran it with my daughter. We had an absolute BLAST! This year, in April we have a whole group of people that are going to run it with us! Have a blast!!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I walked/jogged it in Seattle in the spring. It was SO much fun! I'll be doing it again this year but RUNNING!!!

FYI- Don't wear shoes or bra that you care about....they will be stained.:wink:
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did it this past September in DC...sooo fun! You don't need a mouth covering, just remember to close your mouth when you run through it! I wore sunglasses so I didn't need to worry about my eyes. I also bought a little $5 sack pack the day before when I picked up my race info. I got it to carry my things in while I was running since they don't have a bag check. Get there early! We got there a little over an hour early and we sat on the ramp trying to get in the entire hour! So aim for two hours maybe. It was great! I would do it again at the one in May but I'm doing the warrior dash the day before. :)

Have fun!!
  • heatherlindsays
    heatherlindsays Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did my first one last year. As someone said, it isn't timed, but it is so much fun! Enjoy it!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i did color me rad last year (same as the color run). it is a LOT of fun and you will be COVERED in the colors and it does seep through your clothes onto your skin. wear old everything because the color does not come out - i had blue on my sports bra for months. it's not timed (if this is important to you). keep your mouth shut when running through the stations (if it's possible to keep your mouth shut because it's hilarious!!!!! to see everyone covered. color me rad gave us sunglasses to wear it's important to wear them.

have fun and if they sell them buy the pouches of colors to throw at friends. so much fun!!!!!
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It sounds like so much fun!!! I must try it.
  • tlc1126
    tlc1126 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think Im gonna do this year!! We should meet up if possible haaaaa...Im sure there will be TONS of people!
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    I think Im gonna do this year!! We should meet up if possible haaaaa...Im sure there will be TONS of people!

You should totally do it!!!!!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just signed up earlier today and am so excited! Thanks to everyone that posted tips, keep 'em coming. :)