Zephyr HxM + Android phone

Options
Hi all,

I recently got a Polar FT4, and I've been fairly happy with it, but I'm looking for an HRM that can use my phone as the sensor. I saw that the Zephyr at http://www.zephyr-technology.com/store/9600.0112.html can do this, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it out. I've seen a few posts on it, but my big question is how far you can get from your phone and still have it work. I'm taking kickboxing classes and obviously don't have my phone on me - it's in the cubbies at the back of the room, maybe 50 feet away. But it'd be great to not have to monkey around with the watch sensor when I'm wrapping my hands and putting on gloves.

Has anyone tried this out without the phone being in their pocket/on their person?

Thanks!
Kat

Replies

• rheamanda
    rheamanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just got one for Christmas and have used it about five times with my Galaxy 3 phone and Endomondo. I have used it for jogging (clipped to my belt) and in a weight training class (under my bench). The times I moved around the room to gather equipment it still showed my heart rate on the screen. The farthest I probably get from it is 20-30 ft. Not sure if that helps.