Eat More Calories to Gain Muscle?

Options
2»

Replies

• moeheep
    moeheep Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds in 7 months, then started strength training, now I eat 4000 cals a day. A LOT more than I ate when I was fat.

Im not the biggest guy around, but my muscles got a LOT bigger when I started eatin a lot more.

Believe me, as an Ex-Fatty, I was so worried about getting fat again, but I was making no gains at 3000 or even 3500 cals, so I upped it to 4000. Now I have been seeing good gains, with very little body fat returning.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thanks sooo much! :) I am definitely looking to lose the weight I've gained in recent years, but I also want lean muscle. I heard that we all have muscle underneath the fat, we just need to lose the fat.. but somehow I find that hard to believe

Of course you have muscle underneath your fat. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk, carry groceries etc.

When we died we lose both fat and muscle. Strength training while dieting prevents muscle loss as much as possible (given adequate protien intake). Someone mentioned that you should NOT doing heavy weights and low reps while dieting and this is wrong. This type of lifting (again heavy weights, 4-6 reps) has been shown to be most effective at preserving muscle loss while dieting.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks sooo much! :) I am definitely looking to lose the weight I've gained in recent years, but I also want lean muscle. I heard that we all have muscle underneath the fat, we just need to lose the fat.. but somehow I find that hard to believe

Of course you have muscle underneath your fat. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk, carry groceries etc.

When we died we lose both fat and muscle. Strength training while dieting prevents muscle loss as much as possible (given adequate protien intake). Someone mentioned that you should NOT doing heavy weights and low reps while dieting and this is wrong. This type of lifting (again heavy weights, 4-6 reps) has been shown to be most effective at preserving muscle loss while dieting.

Thank you!!!!!! :flowerforyou: