Weighing in

Options
Just looking for what other people do. I will still do my own thing but...

do you weigh in Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Never...I go by how my clothes fit?

Why do you weigh in when you do?

Have you gone from frequency to another and why did you change?

Replies

• dlrosen
    dlrosen Posts: 51
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday in the morning. Somtimes I weigh myself more frequently, but I find if I weigh myself everyday I tend to freak out more if its up a pound.

:)
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I weigh in on a Monday morning, naked, first thing after going to the toilet :)
  • himymfanatic88
    himymfanatic88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    As for weighing in. I usually weigh in once a week, the same day of every week. I don't really have a reason that I do it. I just think a week in between each weigh in is a good amount of time. Hope this helps!
    Add me if you'd like!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Saturday mornings. Occassionally I will weigh in on another day, but I don't typically record that weigh in. Its more of a "I had a big meal last night, how bad was it on the scale? Oh, not as bad as I thought." LOL
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I hadn't weighed myself in a long time, so I just weighed myself when I decided to start this, and weigh myself weekly just starting from that day. (If I'm up by a little bit I'll weigh myself the next day as well to see if it was like bloat from salt or something)
    I weigh myself in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, but not immediately. I wake up, brush my teeth, etc. And then I wait maybe 1/2 an hour because usually by then I will have gone to the bathroom and stuff, and then I weigh myself shirtless, braless, and in like spandex shorts, on the same scale, I have no idea how accurate it is, but I'm going to the doctors soon and so if it's off by more than 1 pound I will probably adjust my weight to be like the doctors scale because that scale will be more accurate.
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I first get up. Just habit.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on my bathroom scale at least once of the day, but that's just because I can't help myself. I log my weight on here and fitbit when I see a change of a pound or so (+ or -) for a couple of days. I find that I fluctuate so much that I don't want to log a loss that is due to being thirsty or having a full belly. I usually log about twice a month up to 3/4 times a month.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Since I just started back up, I'm probably just do weekly. Most likely Friday or Monday.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings. I don't step on the scale during my TOM or on days I'm too tired to bother.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Friday morning after waking up, always a bathroom break first just to be sure I am not weighing anything extra that isn't sticking with me.
  • chogue55
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month and take measurements too. If I haven't lost that much weight, it might be because I'm building muscle & trimming inches. If I do it more frequently, I tend to get frustrated and go on a binge. Not a good thing. LOL!
  • sjbuescher
    sjbuescher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings after I've used the restroom, right before I get in the shower (naked). If I was someone who would alter their diet drastically with every tiny fluctuation I wouldn't do this - but I like seeing how certain things may effect my body on a day to day basis.

I only record my weights on Wednesday for 2 reaons. 1. because I'm weird and like to think of "Wednesday Weigh In" with the alliteration and 2. I like the middle of the week because if i did slip on the weekend a little bit, I feel like it gives me 2 days of getting back on track to at least maintain.