No More Excuses -- Week 23

Options
BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone LOST weight. Ignore the colors, Hawkeye is such a weight loss freak (in a good way) that he skewed my conditional formating so bad that anyone who lost less than 2 pounds was yellow or red. Haweye, you have been putting up huge numbers, but you outdid yourself this week. I actually got to within 2 pounds of my goal, but I gave back some over the weekend.

MFP-21.jpg

Now the challenge, in other weeks like this one, we usually follow it up with a bad week, so the key to this week is to not give anything back.

Since the weather is getting nice, lets reinstate the challenge from a couple of weeks ago, Every single day this week, there should be something in your exercise log, if its your normal day off, walk the dog, work in the garden, stay active.

Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone LOST weight. Ignore the colors, Hawkeye is such a weight loss freak (in a good way) that he skewed my conditional formating so bad that anyone who lost less than 2 pounds was yellow or red. Haweye, you have been putting up huge numbers, but you outdid yourself this week. I actually got to within 2 pounds of my goal, but I gave back some over the weekend.

MFP-21.jpg

Now the challenge, in other weeks like this one, we usually follow it up with a bad week, so the key to this week is to not give anything back.

Since the weather is getting nice, lets reinstate the challenge from a couple of weeks ago, Every single day this week, there should be something in your exercise log, if its your normal day off, walk the dog, work in the garden, stay active.

This is FANTASTIC!!!!! WAY TO GO TEAM!!!! We are all LOOSERS which makes everyone of us a WINNER!!!! I like your challenge Jack and am in 100%. Holy Cow Hawkeye!!!! That is awesome!! Okay GIRLSSSSSSS we can't let these two men out do us. We have got to have a bigger % loss then they do next week! LET'S DO THIS!!!!

This past week the guys had a 1.6 avg % loss. We had a .73 avg % loss. We can beat them!!!! ;)
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Great job EVERYONE!!!! It's just awesome to have the whole team lose weight like this.

I was totally shocked when I got on the scale this morning. I was thinking two pounds max, but never expected four. I actually got off recalibrated it just to be sure.

Whatever we did last week, we just need to keep it up. Have a great active week.

Hawkeye
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

MFP-21.jpg

This is FANTASTIC!!!!! WAY TO GO TEAM!!!! We are all LOOSERS which makes everyone of us a WINNER!!!! I like your challenge Jack and am in 100%. Holy Cow Hawkeye!!!! That is awesome!! Okay GIRLSSSSSSS we can't let these two men out do us. We have got to have a bigger % loss then they do next week! LET'S DO THIS!!!!

This past week the guys had a 1.6 avg % loss. We had a .73 avg % loss. We can beat them!!!! ;)

Sounds great Ann, I am in. And Jack great work on chart, everyone did amazing, and the challenge sounds great.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our big team of losers!!!

Jack...Thanks for the chart and the challenge! See y'all tomorrow:yawn:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job, all!!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    We should all be proud. I accept the challenge. I starting "training" for a bikeathon on May 8 - I haven't ridden in years. I was shocked at how hard it was last night. Going to go farther tonight. A group of 4 of us over 50 year olds from work are all striving to do it. Only 17.4 km but that is a lot for us old gals. The slliptical is not the same I guess

Thanks again for the chart and challenge Jack. Come on girls - let's catch up to these man.
    smwert
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Must be water, or that I pigged out yesturday, but I am up 2 pounds today, but oh well still many days to go. Not sure how good the week is going to be, have a steak supper draft to go to tomorrow, and another steak supper karokee night to go to on Sat.

Did W5D1 of C25K again today. Just can't seem to get to D2. Feel really good thou. Burned 355 cals, and went 2.07 miles. Last night went to step aerobics and burned 648 cals I think. Going to have to miss tomorrow, but will make sure I hit the treadmill. Going to have to start getting back into my BL Dvd's.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!!!!!!!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Evening team...I had a very busy day today. It started at 5:45 a.m., which is very early for me. I got my typing done around 1:00 and we went to Sam's Club to have my oldest son's new tires and wheels put on his car, which is his 16th birthday present. We left there after 5:00 and then had it washed and waxed. We came home and polished the fiberglass bumpers to a shine. Then we went bike riding with our youngest on his new bike. Finally had supper around 8:00 and boy am I pooped. I plan to get my work done a little early tomorrow so I can go thrifting with my step-mom. Hope you all have a very active week.
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Morning Team,

I hope everyone is having an awesome & active week so far. The weather here in Tn is really nice right now, so it's perfect to do anything outside. I will be playing some golf tonight and even though we use carts, it should be great exercise just the same.

Have a great rest of the week.

Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning/Afternoon team!!!!

What a great morning around here! I have stuck to my plan and feel really good! The scale was not friendly this morning so it snapped me back into the routine!!! (I Hope)

Just about lunch time, so I am determined to make good decisions as to what to have!!!

The wind finally quit. We have had 50 mph gusts with 20-30 sustained for the past 2 days. Had quite a storm around us last night. The rain smelt soooooo good!!!! Come on Spring!!!!

Everyone have a great day!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning all...I had a great day thrifting yesterday and found some great deals. Today is my son's field trip and my hubby is going with him and then tonight is Cub Scouts. Another busy day. We ended up eating at Burger King last night and I had a buck double, which is a double cheeseburger with just one piece of cheese, still about 20 grams of fat and a million calories. Today is back on track. I practiced softball for about an hour last night but didn't make it to the gym. I will get there today. My oldest son's birthday party is Saturday and now it is calling for rain. We are having a cookout and softball game. The weather forecast has been pretty all week and now that is the only day with even a hint of a thunderstorm. I pray it will hold off til Sunday. Hope you all have a great day. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go:laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning all!!!! Well yesterday was not a good food day. Started out great!!! Stuck too it all day.....Till dinner.....:sad: My hubby and I went to Pueblo to look at a truck for him, then went to Country Buffet for dinner. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I didn't do too bad on the food, had salad (with dressing), chicken, potatoes, and veggie, and about half my bread, then to the desert bar.....EGADS....I just can't resist their brownie with ice cream and Hot Fudge! DARN IT!!! I was stuffed all the way home and didn't get any exercise in. So......back on the wagon again today. Will have to hit Curves hard and then do the wii to make up I guess.

One of my employees gave me her 2 week notice on Monday, so the search is on!!!!

Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Morning all!!!! Well yesterday was not a good food day. Started out great!!! Stuck too it all day.....Till dinner.....:sad: My hubby and I went to Pueblo to look at a truck for him, then went to Country Buffet for dinner. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I didn't do too bad on the food, had salad (with dressing), chicken, potatoes, and veggie, and about half my bread, then to the desert bar.....EGADS....I just can't resist their brownie with ice cream and Hot Fudge! DARN IT!!! I was stuffed all the way home and didn't get any exercise in. So......back on the wagon again today. Will have to hit Curves hard and then do the wii to make up I guess.

One of my employees gave me her 2 week notice on Monday, so the search is on!!!!

Ann

I had the brownie ice cream sundae at Dairy Queen a few days ago. I thought maybe 450-500 calories...I got home and checked and it is like 780. I just about choked. At least yours was worth it. Mine was cold and hard to chew. I definitely won't repeat that one!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning with a sore throat, very worried because I am suppose to cook BBQ for over 150 people on Sunday. This would not be a good time to be sick. I am going to cancel excercise until I feel better.

Diets going ok this week, need to tone back the sodium. It seems everything I like is just loaded with salt.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Woke up this morning with a sore throat, very worried because I am suppose to cook BBQ for over 150 people on Sunday. This would not be a good time to be sick. I am going to cancel excercise until I feel better.

Diets going ok this week, need to tone back the sodium. It seems everything I like is just loaded with salt.

Jack...Take it easy and feel better. Enjoy your BBQ. I'm a sodium addict too:smile:
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Morning All,

I hope everyone has a great active weekend planned. I have some serious work to do the next three days if I want to lose any weight at all. This week has been one of the hardest for me. I think I need to step it up a few more notches.

Take care, Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning!!!!

Well I don't know what I did to my back but it really aches. It started last night at Curves and didn't get any better last night. A little better this morning, so we will just see how it goes. I am thinking about getting into the chiropractor this morning (my son works for him) but I guess I better decide because they are only open until noon today!

Yesterday was a good food and excercise day for me!!! Finally. It felt good to be under calories and that didn't include my excercise calories.

Tomorrow entails taking our youngest to the Pepsi Challenge in Colorado Springs. It is a bowling tournament and he and another kid from his league are going. Should be fun. I always enjoy watching them. Then who knows....maybe shopping!!! ;)

Everyone have a great Friday and make it a super fun week-end!

Ann
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    here is my weigh in for this week

LW: 175.2
    CW: 174.8

Not exactly a pound bu close. I'm having alot of problem lately with my diet not excercise. I always feel hungry and not full and my cravings are out of control.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have gone through that, when you exercise so much, your body tells you that you nee more food. It seems to be cyclical though. Anymore, I listen to my body and try to at least make healthy choices if I am going to eat more than normal. Peanut Butter on 45 calorie bread is my go to snack when I am at home and have the muchies. It's cyclical in that one week you seem to need a lot more calories every day, and next week, you can do the same stuff and not need as much food. I don't have an explanation for that.

Anyway, great job losing weight this week. Thats about 6 pounds for you in the last 3 weeks, not too shabby if you ask me.
    here is my weigh in for this week

LW: 175.2
    CW: 174.8

Not exactly a pound bu close. I'm having alot of problem lately with my diet not excercise. I always feel hungry and not full and my cravings are out of control.