SMART PHONE USERS GET THIS APP ASAP

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I watched the show FOOD, INC on Netflix and then I got this app, ya its pretty amazing what we think is 'healthy'

almost as amazing as what they deem as unhealthy I am sure. I will get the app to check for myself though.
  • emmylouwho__
    emmylouwho__ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this app is cool!

I just started looking at labels and sometimes I just dont know.. even tho I have read and read health books.

This app just takes care of it for me!

Thanks!!

add me!:tongue:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Is there an app that will spoon the food into my mouth for me, too?

It's called "Open Wide," but I personally wouldn't trust it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Fooducate

get that app! it grades your foods and foods you thought were good for you! I just scanned my granola bar and i guess its terrible where i thought it was a 'healthy'snack. but what is nice is that they give you healthy alternatives!

Do you know what's even easier? Reading the nutrition label.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    What determines if it's healthy or not? Does the app know my calorie and macro goals? Does it track what I've eaten throughout the day to know how the food I'm about to track fits in with all the other food I've eaten?

This exactly. I'd rather read the labels of my food and decide whether *I* think they are healthy for *me*. A quick look at the amount of sugar in most granola bars is enough to tell you something--unless of course you want to eat a bunch of relatively quickly digested carbs.
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ^
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    neat! Thanks:)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    How can it know what's healthy for me without looking at my diet as a whole?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Fooducate

get that app! it grades your foods and foods you thought were good for you! I just scanned my granola bar and i guess its terrible where i thought it was a 'healthy'snack. but what is nice is that they give you healthy alternatives!
    Couldn't you just read the label?
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Looks like the "plus" one says it is free for a limited time (on iPhone), then goes back to $3.99.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    I keep trying to find it but some Fooddiet app comes up! I dont have it :(
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    tried to scan my tap water with this app to see if it was really good water.
    waste of time, now I need a new phone.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I like the feature where after you pinch one off you can scan it and it will tell you what you need to add to your diet....... I mean lifestyle. It's not a diet.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well....seems it's not available in the UK, so I have to rely on reading labels and common sense as usual :smile:
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try it out. I love the option of reviews.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Yeah just....no, i'm not going there. It's too easy, and not worth the strike....
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    tried to scan my tap water with this app to see if it was really good water.
    waste of time, now I need a new phone.

hahaha!! Still lauging my *kitten* off!!
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    haha i wish i was smarter with food. this is just an extra tool to help educate some people with what they thought was a healthy alternative. This isn't promising miracles people dont be so mean :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I used to have the app until it could never tell me the grade on ANYTHING or things even like plain brown rice it would rate as a C or D.

Waste of time.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    haha i wish i was smarter with food. this is just an extra tool to help educate some people with what they thought was a healthy alternative. This isn't promising miracles people dont be so mean :)

Seriously... not trying to be mean... you will learn more if you take the time to read nutrition labels and judge for yourself what is appropriate for you then letting an app do it for you.