No-Flour 65 Calorie Blueberry Pancakes

Options

Replies

• AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this on this site. Trying to eat healthier and lose the baby weight (my baby is now one). I don't have any blueberries in the house, but thought this would be a fun low-cal. breakfast for me and the kiddos tomorrow. Would strawberries work as I have a bunch of those? Also, would it change the calories much?

any type of berries would be good to go. Gotta love berry season :smile: :happy:
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tried them. Didn't like them very much. They were very sweet and kind of slimy. Not like pancakes at all. Maybe I did something wrong.
  • Kara4boys
    Options
    Thanks! Little man and I are going to eat these in just a few minutes! They look yummy!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Well I wont.... who wants an undressed skeleton anyway? what kinda motivational point is that? If I was a lesbian (which I'm not although I have a healthy appreciation of a beautiful female form..... which isn't skeletal by the way)... I would like curves... in and out? healthy.... straight down or curving out...barrel fat

wwooaahhh!! get off your high horse missy! have you even looked at her blog? i followed her awhile ago and she lost weight through healthy eating and exercising. i find her story inspirational.

why dont you check it out and see how she actually came up w her name.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stay away from gluten as well- Has anyone tried adding ground oatmeal with these?
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    tried em, loved em... i used one banana, one egg, and a little scoop of chocolate chips.. delish!! yeah, the texture is a bit different, but not a huge issue.. thanks for posting this. i saw it on her blog a while ago but was skeptical at first. glad i decided to give it a shot.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the blog -- it's a really good blog. And she's made quite a transformation in her life; good for her.

I made these this morning, with less egg:
    1 egg
    2 bananas
    20 blueberries
    1 tsp pb2 on top

Maybe the change in egg / banana ratio threw things off; it was hard to keep it together, so it ended up being more like mashed potatoes than a pancake -- but that's no big deal

I don't think I'd eat it again for breakfast (I'd just rather have an omelet or smoothie), but for a evening warm dessert that's healthy option, it seems like a good substitute
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of effort and compromise to save 15 calories. Bisquick pancakes (46 g bisquick complete per 2 pancakes) are 80 calories each. If you have a legitimate gluten problem, maybe. I hate pretending foods are other foods.

I agree with pretending foods are other foods -- I don't get spicing or shaping vegetables to mimic meat.
    On the flip side, I'm okay with veggie burgers as you're not wanting a hamburger, just a form factor that makes eating it with bread easier.
    But if someone disagrees with my take, that's fine; it's their choice; whatever they enjoy eating.

I think in the case of this recipe, the comparison to pancake is mostly that they have similar shapes and textures.

But a couple of counter points to the calorie issue:
    1. This is a lot more filling, so it's a lot more than 15 calorie savings. Maybe more like 400 calorie savings if you compare "ate to being fill' on both
    2. It's also healthier

So my take: if you want a pancake, have one occasionally. This really isn't a pancake as the main ingredient is completely different. If you like the way this tastes, then feel free to have it more often as there's nothing wrong with the ingredients (unless you add syrup on top)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the the two-ingredient pancake recipe only with blueberries added in. I'm yet to try either one, thanks for the reminder!
  • juliecook43
    Options
    Wow. Sounds delish and my kids will get a kick out of it cause they can actually make it themselves as well! Thank you!
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    Bump!
  • suzukideb
    Options
    They sound really good! I am for sure going to try. I'm always looking for something to do with those ripe bananas that didn't get eaten. Thanks
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I made real pancakes for the kiddos yesterday but made these for me and hubby. We both really liked it. It satisfied our pancake crave. No, it isn't a real, fluffy pancake but it was good. I added some cinnamon since I didn't have blueberries. I could taste the banana but I love bananas so I was ok with that. May try adding a little vanilla next time. It made 4 pancakes. Made a perfect dessert for our eggs and sausage! :drinker:
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Will have to try - thanks!
  • SuzanneKeeneFrancis
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this low FODMAP recipe - I will try it out this wekend!
  • shellybob79
    shellybob79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tried these this weekend and me and my kids loved em really good i also added a little cinnamon. Worth trying :)
  • gubler_
    Options
    Yum! Looking forward to try these :)
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scottelle
    scottelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I printed the recipe out and trying it this week! Can't wait to see what my kids think! Keep the recipes coming!!:) I'm always looking for new ideas!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if I saw it on her blog or one of the comments here, but I will try it with pumpkin puree instead of the blue berries. I did see on her blog a version where she added a little protein powder for an extra protein kick. I will try that too; chocolate banana pancakes just sound good.

Thanks for posting!!