carrots

Options
Does anyone know why when I put in '1 small/medium/large carrot' the calories are much lower than if I weigh said carrot and put in the amount of grams? Do carrots weight more than they should when they are kept in the fridge? I've come across this on a number of calorie counting sites and wondered which is more accurate?

Replies

• Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    size is subjective. Maybe you think its small, but other people think its a * size?
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    I've even tried to be generous with my opinions on size. So weighing what I consider a small carrot and comparing it against the calories of a large carrot - basically a large carrot will come up at about 40 calories but if you weighed an 80g carrot (small) that would come up at 60 calories...
  • betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weigh it! I just weighed what I reckon is a small carrot and it was 125g! Ha! So yeah, best idea is to weigh stuff and not rely on other people's opinions on size. :)
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Not sure... but try nutritiondata.com. It's my back-up for looking up calories on stuff.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    Not sure... but try nutritiondata.com. It's my back-up for looking up calories on stuff.

Thanks! This site looks like just what I need as trying to take a closer look at my nutrition.

I guess I was hoping to go for the small carrot option as I eat them loads! I hate the idea of calories in vegetables!