best way to a slim belly and get it nice and toned??

Options
So I was wondering if crunches, planks and side planks are the best way to slim belly fat and tone your abs a bit?? I'm not looking for a six pack or anything but just nice and toned look. Thanks! :)

And I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section! Lol anyone know how to delete it??

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    a calorie deficit and heavy lifting will do you more good than anything else.

also, you can't spot reduce. You'll lose fat wherever it goes away.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge. You can't dry a corner when the rest of the sponge is wet. Moderate calorie deficit and full body strength training (including compound lifts).
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Persistence, calorie deficit, strength training

That's pretty much it.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

And I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section! Lol anyone know how to delete it??

It happens.

Keep exercising in general and then make sure you're doing core exercises.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights, a lot of core exercises tend to make me look boxy so I avoid them and just lift heavy weights
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    One easy way to help burn calories and work a lot of your muscles at once is to dance a bit. I'm doing belly dancing and learning the hula to help work my core and leg muscles. And at the same time it's fun.
  • tskitzoid
    Options
    As trog says, sadly we can't choose where we lose the weight, or else all the women would have tiny stomachs and big breasts or butts (however you like yourself!) xD

I heard a good way to hep tone it is reverse crunches. I probably wouldn't explain it right but perhaps someone else will step in and explain it right, I don't want to tell ya the wrong way to do it. Correct form is key after all! But yes, calorie deficit, cardio to lose the body fat, and toning to slim your body is an all-over process. o3o

Goodluck on your journey! :)
  • SammiShnookums
    Options
    I know you can't choose where to burn fat but I thought if you worked a certain muscle group that had a lot of fat on it that the muscle would burn the fat to turn into muscle?? And thanks for the different excersise tips everyone!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I know you can't choose where to burn fat but I thought if you worked a certain muscle group that had a lot of fat on it that the muscle would burn the fat to turn into muscle?? And thanks for the different excersise tips everyone!

doesn't work that way.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Sadly, you can't convert fat into muscle. You can, however, get rid of fat, and strengthen the muscle you have.

As the others have said, calorie deficit, healthy choices, and strength training.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    a calorie deficit, HIIT runs, squats, dead lifts, overhead press, bench press, hardwork, dedication, and discipline.
  • SammiShnookums
    Options

doesn't work that way.
    Oh so the muscle just develops under the fat and won't be noticeable until the fat is gone then??
  • SammiShnookums
    Options
    a calorie deficit, HIIT runs, squats, dead lifts, overhead press, bench press, hardwork, dedication, and discipline.
    What's HIIT runs??
  • KatieJane83
    Options

doesn't work that way.
    Oh so the muscle just develops under the fat and won't be noticeable until the fat is gone then??

Yup. Heavy lifting will help with the body recomp you're looking for.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options

doesn't work that way.

shut up sammi

hop off the forums hahahaha
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    What's HIIT runs??

high intensity interval training - alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods
  • SammiShnookums
    Options

doesn't work that way.

Yup. Heavy lifting will help with the body recomp you're looking for.
    Ok thanks! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    P90X and a decent diet and by summer you will be rockin it
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    What's HIIT runs??

high intensity interval training - alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods

^^ this.

also, find a hill. sprint up it as fast as you can for as long as you can, and then walk back down. repeat it 6-8 times.
  • SammiShnookums
    Options

doesn't work that way.

shut up sammi

hop off the forums hahahaha
    Haha and who's gunna make me??