HELP. I need something sweet. Need... CHOCOLATE D:

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Get unsweetened, 100% cacao and make yourself some hot chocolate. I like using 2-3 tbsp. per mug with 1-2 tsp. of sugar, and preparing it in hot milk. The cocoa plus the sugar together only come to 60-75 extra calories, and milk is good for you. :)

This, except in my coffee, no need for the milk or sugar.
  • silentmeowth
    silentmeowth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time to make anything, just get some of those 100 cal. snack packs from the store. Or any kind of snack really that you can separate into portions. You do need to indulge in those things you want every once in a while, otherwise you'll go even crazier wanting them and they'll haunt you until you break down and stuff your face full of all the things you were depriving yourself of.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudgsicle for 40 calories - can't beat it!

I was going to say these! They are chocolatey enough to satisfy my craving AND are really low calories.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Chocolate milk
  • desness
    desness Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I was craving chocolate, I'd go buy a bar of hershey's special dark, and only have half of the serving size.
    dark chocolate is a good antioxidant, so don't feel too guilty now.
    :P
    Hope that helps!
  • cdrappier
    cdrappier Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Excellent suggestions, I definitely have to try that angel food cake mixed with regular cake mix idea. Sounds like it would be great mixed with a German chocolate cake mix! :wink:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump for that 321 cake recipe
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ok, so I came across this crazy recipe yesterday for cake. 1 box of cake and 1 can of diet soda, mix it and bake it. apperantly chocloate cake and diet cherry cola is pretty good.
  • jasmine9744
    Options
    Try Chocolate slim fast shake
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Tons of great ideas for recipes! I can't go without sweets! Not gonna happen! My coworker bought me a bag of my favorite candy bars.....Mounds!!! They are the snack size....and 80 cals a piece. So when I'm at work and just need something, I grab one of those. I know it's small, but it usually fills that void for me.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I never deprive myself of chocolate. I eat a handful of chocolate chips when I crave chocolate. They're not that high in calories and they get rid of that craving. M&Ms aren't that high in calories either--as long as you don't eat the entire bag :happy:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl's Chewy S'mores snack mix...only 109 calories a serving and you get popcorn, marshmellows, chocolate, and gram crackers
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I melt Dark chocolate, Add almonds, dried carnberries, or dried cherries. I add lots of the nuts and berries with just enough chocolate to keep it all stuck together.
    Mix it all together and drop them on was paper or you could use foil in small teaspoon fulls. then I put them on the freezer and take out one or 2 when I want a sweet. They are about 90 cals.
  • LLB226
    LLB226 Posts: 11
    Options
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this one yet, but take one box of devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Mix them together and bake. I usually bake them in mini bundt pans, so I don't know how long you would bake it in a regular cake pan. Just keep an eye on it. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar...very good!
  • JustGinger7
    JustGinger7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the other posters, if you don't allow yourself to have sweets in moderation, you will be more likely to go off the deep end. I keep a bag of Hershey kisses in my desk at work and allow myself one every day after lunch. My other favorite go to treat is sliced bananas, sugar free chocolate pudding, and fat free cool whip. Weight Watchers also make some frozen desserts that are good when you just need a little something and they're proportioned so you don't have to worry about over doing it.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A little chocolate is okay :) I love hot chocolate and you can get it sugar free and add a few mini marshmellows, but definitely allow yourself a little chocolate - love the dark chocolate too :) good luck!!
  • juliette28
    Options
    bumping for the recipes. thank you.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How about Brownie Batter Pancakes from Chocolate-Covered Katie?

1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob’s gluten-free)
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa
    1 and 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
    1/16 tsp salt
    1 and 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (using applesauce will make it low fat)
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice (skim milk will also make it low fat)

The site claims the whole recipe is 130 calories, but when I plugged the recipe into MFP using applesauce and almond milk, it came out to 283 calories. The recipe makes about 8 small pancakes, so each pancake should be approximately 35 cals, 6g of carbs, 1g of fat, 1 g of protein, and 1 g of fiber (I don't know about other nutrients because I'm not tracking any others). This is, of course, not including any syrups you wish to drown your pancakes in lol.
  • preatsp
    Options
    I have 1-2 chocolate everyday. Before I use to eat the whole box ...everything in moderation