Need heavy lifting program for women for AT HOME dumb bells.

Options
I want to lift heavy. But I want to do it at home. I own a full set of dumb bells, 5 through 50 pounds. I'm talking a whole rack!

So, does anyone have a website link to a good at home program for heavy lifting for women at home program?

Thank you!

Replies

• CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pick up one of the standard barbell routines that are suggested around the board, such as stronglifts, and use dumbell modifications for the moves. You should be able to find examples of those modifications and examples of how to do them on youtube.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Chalean extreme!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chalean Extreme.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes Chalean Extreme rocks. I love Chalene!!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    check out the videos on cathe.com
    she has many different types of workouts, including heavy lifting.
    if you have the cash, she also has a whole system,STS. for gaining strength.
    you can also just download select workouts instead of ordering the while system.
    once you have any of her workouts it's really easy to find out the calories burned on the workout manager.
    also, all of her workouts have premixes available. the newest ones have hundreds of combinations if you have several or a whole set of dvds.
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    I love Chalene Extreme.
    Also a big fan of PUMP!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene Extreme.
    Also a big fan of PUMP!
    this.....Chalean Extreme is so worth it!
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Chalene Extreme is a lift heavy - type of program? Or is it lots of reps? I really want to go heavy! But I've heard good things.

Thanks, all!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just very briefly went through the workout stages in New Rules of Lifting for Women (which I just started), and I only see a few things that wouldn't be doable with a DB and where you'd need a cable. Could try thumbing through it at your local bookstore and see if it would work for you.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chalene Extreme is a lift heavy - type of program? Or is it lots of reps? I really want to go heavy! But I've heard good things.

Thanks, all!

I'm just finishing up the 3rd phase, Lean and its max reps is 12. She says go heavy or go home!!! :)
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Thanks, all!

I'm just finishing up the 3rd phase, Lean and its max reps is 12. She says go heavy or go home!!! :)

OP, what are your goals for heavy lifting. A more traditional 5X5 full body program performed 3 times per week, or an upper/lower split trained 4 times per week tend to be better for strength development. A bodypart split routine that hits each body part twice per week tends to be better for muscle development and hypertrophy. A program that combines cardio and higher rep (more than 8) exercises is typically aimed at weightloss and endurance work. Not to say that Chalene Extreme won't be a good choice depending on your goals, but I wouldn't consider it heavy lifting. Are you currently performing cardio work and looking to add some weighted exercises to it?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Chalean isn't really heavy lifting. Reps of up to 12 are more for muscle endurance.

Strong lifts and New Rules for Lifting for women are good programs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    CHALEAN EXTREME....also I just got the latest NROL SUPERCHARGED book, which is amazing....BEST OF LUCK!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Try the book 'the new rules for lifting heavy for women" !!!
  • newlife4cindy
    newlife4cindy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i just downloaded an app called JEFIT that looks really awesome! it has tons of exercises and you can fitler out the exercises based on the equipment you have access to
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Chalean isn't really heavy lifting. Reps of up to 12 are more for muscle endurance.

Strong lifts and New Rules for Lifting for women are good programs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^

StrongLifts: http://stronglifts.com
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    get the book New Rules of Lifting for Women, lots of stuff on youtube too