Just Joined Today

Options
My doctor had recommended the site to me before but it wasnt until I saw how favorably reviewed MFP is, that I actually decided to create an account. I'm looking forward to using the site. It seems great so far. One question I had - How do you add food from a restaurant to the database here if the restaurant doesn't provide the nutritional information on their menu ?

Replies

• paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    many restaurants are already added from other users. You could look for what you think would be comparibles and use those on your menu. The idea is to be as accurate as possible but losing sleep or not recording because of a lack of info isn't going to help in the long run. You can sometime get nutritional info off websites too.
  • elaine_60466
    elaine_60466 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site but a lot of menu info has already been entered. If it's not, you can break the meal up into its components.

Or, if I know lasagna at Olive Garden is comparable to lasagna at a local restaurant, I will use Olive Garden's numbers. Someone may correct me on doing this though (like I said, I'm new).
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site but a lot of menu info has already been entered. If it's not, you can break the meal up into its components.

Or, if I know lasagna at Olive Garden is comparable to lasagna at a local restaurant, I will use Olive Garden's numbers. Someone may correct me on doing this though (like I said, I'm new).

Sounds good to me. Remember that half the battle is identifying your mistakes. If the numbers are off by a small amount i doubt you will notice, nor will it impact your progress greatly.