New Year, New Friends!

Options
Hi all!! It's been awhile since I posted my own topic, but I'm in serious need of a kick in the butt! I think I'm in the right area ;) I guess this is kind of my "Success Story" since the beginning, but also a cry for motivation to keep me going in my journey.

To introduce myself just a little, my highest weight was 195, but I got really serious about my health when I saw my college graduation pictures. I was at 182 and that's where I I had been stuck for the longest time. No matter what I did... I just couldn't seem to lose weight. We've all been there I think!!

May 2011 at graduation. While you can't see my body, you can at the very least see it in my face!
3_zps4ba3311b.jpg

So, that summer I took up Insanity and a very strict diet... helping me shed the pounds and reach 145.

After Insanity:
afteroctober.jpg

A before and "during":
1beforeew.jpg

Last New Year's (around 135 pounds):
2_zps0608f64e.jpg

As many of you understand... losing weight is only half the battle. Once you reach goal, then comes maintaining. I kept up with my new body for about a year, until I started slipping this fall and winter. Trying to keep with working out, but I just couldn't stick with my diet. And so, while I have not gained back everything, I'm back up to 150 (and maybe beyond, but too afraid of the scale right now!!) I realize I'm not in the overweight category just yet, but I feel it creeping on. This is my confession out loud for all the hear it! I must get back on that wagon and stop being lazy!! I will make my MFPals proud, as well as myself, my family, and friends :D

This New Year's Eve (around 150 pounds):
1_zps07ffbb72.jpg

Who's with me this New Year?! To those who wish to lose, maintain, gain, reach NSVs.... let's join hands and do it right this time!

Yours truly,
Amanda :flowerforyou:

PS: This post was an offering of friendship and motivation. Please feel free to add me and keep up with my journey! I promise I'm a wonderful asset to have on your friends list :D

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    OMG girlie, the first progress photos were from october 2011? i remember that post! we've been here a while now ;) you look fantastic, still, in my humblest of opinions. is that a modcloth dress? i believe i have a very similar one in purple, but i had to give it away since the buttons wouldn't stay closed over my boobage. i hear you on all fronts. we've got your back and you totally will do this! we all will! THIS IS OUR YEAR.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    OMG girlie, the first progress photos were from october 2011? i remember that post! we've been here a while now ;) you look fantastic, still, in my humblest of opinions. is that a modcloth dress? i believe i have a very similar one in purple, but i had to give it away since the buttons wouldn't stay closed over my boobage. i hear you on all fronts. we've got your back and you totally will do this! we all will! THIS IS OUR YEAR.

Hi lovely!!! Yes! Can you believe how long we've been at it! So glad we are both still here! :) Thank you!! Yes, it IS a Modcloth dress. Nice catch! It's veryyyyy tight on my boobage as well, but I'm hoping to lose some weight and have it fit much better. The buttons just about looked like they'd pop off with any swift motion. :P THIS IS OUR YEAR AND BEYOND. Our lifestyle, not a one stop destination. We got this!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job, you look great! I'm not near maintaining yet, but I know it will still be a challenge once I do.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Am not sure if this is a all girls thread but I have read your story and am fully confident that you can reach your goal. I am happy for all you have achieved this far and I wish you great success in this new year :-) .
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Girl I love your coach purse in the grad pic lol!! No body but me looks at stuff like that, but add me I love to laugh and will support you!!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    You've done an amazing job, you look great! I'm not near maintaining yet, but I know it will still be a challenge once I do.

Thank you so much! You'll get there, and while it's a challenge, I know you can do it! :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Am not sure if this is a all girls thread but I have read your story and am fully confident that you can reach your goal. I am happy for all you have achieved this far and I wish you great success in this new year :-) .

Definitely not an all girls thread. All are welcome! Thank you so much!! :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Girl I love your coach purse in the grad pic lol!! No body but me looks at stuff like that, but add me I love to laugh and will support you!!

Thank you!! I totally forgot I even have that purse :P I gotta find it!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You have always and will always be an inspiration to me! So glad to see your posts everyday to keep my mind on being healthy!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    this is so motivating to me! I want to start insanity workouts also. I started before and they are so hard! LOL but I am determined to do them so I can look good on my wedding day in 5 months! Great job and good luck!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

Hi lovely!!! Yes! Can you believe how long we've been at it! So glad we are both still here! :) Thank you!! Yes, it IS a Modcloth dress. Nice catch! It's veryyyyy tight on my boobage as well, but I'm hoping to lose some weight and have it fit much better. The buttons just about looked like they'd pop off with any swift motion. :P THIS IS OUR YEAR AND BEYOND. Our lifestyle, not a one stop destination. We got this!

to infinity....

.....AND BEYOND! i will see 1..4...SOMETHING this year. tire dof the 150s!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Silvergurl totally beat me to it, as I was going to comment on your adorable cobalt Modcloth dress. Did you see the papaya color is in the sale section right now?!

Anyhoozles...

May I join in on the infinity and beyond?
  • HPChelsey
    Options
    You seriously look fabulous! I absolutely LOVE your blue dress from this New Years!! lol. I'll add you.... I'm in serious need of motivation too! Maybe we will be totally good for each other! lol.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    You have always and will always be an inspiration to me! So glad to see your posts everyday to keep my mind on being healthy!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You're the best!! :) Thank youuuu <3 I love keeping up with you as well!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    this is so motivating to me! I want to start insanity workouts also. I started before and they are so hard! LOL but I am determined to do them so I can look good on my wedding day in 5 months! Great job and good luck!!

They sure are hard, but very rewarding if you stick to them. I know you can do it!!! :) And thank you!
  • mandeiko
    Options

to infinity....

.....AND BEYOND! i will see 1..4...SOMETHING this year. tire dof the 150s!

:) I'm trying to reach 140s again!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Silvergurl totally beat me to it, as I was going to comment on your adorable cobalt Modcloth dress. Did you see the papaya color is in the sale section right now?!

Anyhoozles...

May I join in on the infinity and beyond?

Thank you, thank you! I didn't see it on sale! I will check that out :) It's a great dress!

And absolutely you may join!! We're all in this together!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    You seriously look fabulous! I absolutely LOVE your blue dress from this New Years!! lol. I'll add you.... I'm in serious need of motivation too! Maybe we will be totally good for each other! lol.

Thank you so much!!!! I'm sure we will definitely help each other!! :)
  • mightyanteater
    mightyanteater Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely need the motivation too... I stopped keeping track and ended up gaining weight >.< argh.

You've made such progress!! You still look amazing!
  • Lamaestra91
    Lamaestra91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have a similar story! I had lost a total of 106 lbs. and joined this site because my weight has been creeping up and I can't go there again!!! I really want some friends that will help motivate me too!