anyone have any success juicing?

Options
I'm thinking about buying a juicer, just watched a documentary on netflix called Hungry for Change and it mentioned this. One girl on there said she juiced for three days and dropped 7 pounds right away. So I'm considering it.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Dropping fast weight is usually just water weight and food waste leaving your system. As soon as you start eating normally again it will all come back.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I've been meaning too. I watched "Hungry for Change" too and if you haven't seen "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" (also on netflix) GO NOW.

I'm going to fast tomorrow with smoothies made in my vitamix because I'm sick, but it's just one day and I'll be eating the WHOLE FRUIT and not the juice so I doubt I'll see any benefits or whatever.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying a juicer, just watched a documentary on netflix called Hungry for Change and it mentioned this. One girl on there said she juiced for three days and dropped 7 pounds right away. So I'm considering it.

I watched "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" last April and decided to give it a try! I lasted about a week and then gave up! but I lost some weight and managed to keep a little of it off lol. I think if your dedicated to it it will probably work, I have read things and watched videos of people who swore by it and said it was the only way they could lose the weight! Anyways good luck!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I love juicing.
    It helps me with fruits and veggies given my hate for things that don't bleed...:bigsmile:
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you get a juicer, get a gear extraction juicer. They get way more juice out for you. And, the centrifugal ones suck for greens. Period.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Quick fixes aside, I just don't 'get' juicing.

I mean, smoothies are where it's at.

OWPfv.gif
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We juice in my house but not to the extent that some do. We don't use it as a "diet", but more as a supplement to our lives. We use the extraction for the reasons that Topher stated.
  • Topher1978
    Options

Juicing is really great for energy levels and skin. Also, it kept me so well hydrated, it was amazing. Not as a fast, mind you, but as a part of my regular diet. I will start doing it again when I can afford it, and it is more convenient. But it so worth it.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was obsessed that Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and the juicing concept for a while! I dropped weight fast and I felt WONDERFUL by the 3rd day in of my fast. I fasted for 7 days. While I did feel fantastic, I couldn't stop thinking about food the entire time! I did like it, but most likely won't do it again. But I do plan on incorporating some juices into my lifestyle now.
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm not fasting but I do like making juice in my VitaMix. It's great after work and before dinner so I don't snack on junk.
  • Mia_Zappa
    Options
    I'm changing my diet to a plant based diet before I go on a juice fast. They do suggest that. Check out Dr Joel Fuhrman on Youtube and you can get a lot information there. Also try to pick up the book "Eat to live" by Dr Fuhrman. After you fast you want to continue with a plant based diet. So you don't gain the weight back. Feel free to add me. There isn't too many people on this site that is for the juicing.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have an omega 8006 juicer and I LOVE IT! I have done a 30 day juice fast in the past. I didn't lose massive amounts of weight, but I did break my addiction to certain foods and I felt absolutely AMAZING while on the fast. I went very heavy on the greens and light on the fruit.

Juicing is a fabulous way to increase your vegetable intake and to retrain your palate to appreciate the flavor of REAL FOOD!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We juice (and LOVE our Omega 2004) but don't use it for juice fasting. Instead, I have green juice (with some fruit) as a regular and highly nutritious part of my regular food intake (when I take the time to juice). I wouldn't use juicing as a diet to lose weight quickly. Weight lost too quickly usually comes back quickly. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    We juice (and LOVE our Omega 2004) but don't use it for juice fasting. Instead, I have green juice (with some fruit) as a regular and highly nutritious part of my regular food intake (when I take the time to juice). I wouldn't use juicing as a diet to lose weight quickly. Weight lost too quickly usually comes back quickly. Slow and steady wins the race.
    This is my view! I juice fast on occasion, but that is only during Lent...
  • hey_everyday
    hey_everyday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great for getting the nutrients in but high in sugar if you use too much fruit. I try and stick to mostly veg. Celery, carrot, beetroot & ginger is my fav :)
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i just watched hungry for change the other night! and now i'm obsessed with the fact that MSG is hiding EVERYWHERE! sigh.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Fat, sick, and nearly dead is a good movie about juicing also. My uncle went on a juice fast and lost a bunch of weight and improved his heart health (he was on a bunch of medication and doesn't need it anymore). He is currently doing great and has kept the weight off and maintains a healthy diet.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I got a juicer last week and love it! I feel better already :)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, back in"the day", JUICING used to mean taking steroids. But I guess that's a different arena (competitive weightlifting and bodybuilding)....
  • marinamoreno
    Options

OWPfv.gif

Everytime I come back & look at this I keep cracking up!!!!!!