Females in their 20's...Over 200lbs...wanting motivation!

Options

Replies

• blissfulbutt
    Options
    28yrs old, 230, already lost 15 pounds in the past two months, want to lose about 100 more (give or take 30 in either direction).
    I'm 4'11 so everything shows. I'm bf my 4month old and chasing after the other 3 all day.I still manage to exercize and to track everything everday since I joined after thanksgiving.
  • shainakennedy56
    shainakennedy56 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Shaina and my husband and I just joined MFP this week. I'm 25 yrs old and am currently 270 lbs :( Blah! I'm so ready to get rid of this whole extra person off my back I can't stand it! I started packing on the pounds when I got pregnant with my first son 7 years ago and I never even seen 200 creep up on me. My short term goal for this year is to take off 70 lbs and then go from there. I need all the support I can find.... lost 35 lbs 2 yrs ago and bam... gained it all back. After a few months of hating myself I realized all I can do is start again. It's so encouraging seeing so many women my age taking the same journey!!!
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I count, but when I first started losing weight I was over 210 and I am only 4'11" so that's a pretty big size for me. I'm approaching 150 now, but still have a long way to go. Based on my habits I'll tell you the cliched: if I can do it, anyone can!
  • MMG27
    MMG27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are all wonderful people and this year will be all about us. We can do it!
  • ttoftwo
    ttoftwo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!
    I'm Mae and currently weight 230. My highest was 279 and my goal by the end of the year is 150. I've alway been obese and am frankly aick of it. I started (again) changing my lifestyle after my son was born in May, and I took off my baby weight plus 10 pounds, but have been stuck here for 3 months.
    I'd love to be a part of your journey as we all strive towards a healthier life. I'm on here everyday, so please add me. I love supporting people and encouraging them to reach their goals, and I want to be that for you all yoo. :)

Here's to us all, fierce, strong, curvy women on a mission.
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness another group i been lookin. so helps to have motivation from people in ur same weight range. I'm 28 and 298.
  • sambosmitty
    sambosmitty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and 202 pounds. I'm looking for some motivation ladies! Help this fat girl out! ;)
  • firecraker05
    firecraker05 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    I am 26 and currently weigh 225, my highest weight ever was 230. I started using MFP last spring and saw results with it, however life events happened and I stopped making it a priority. I know this sounds cliche, but it really is my resolution for the year to get healthy and lose weight. Feel free to add me as I can always use more friends for motivation as well as providing motivation for others :)
  • AmandaE0823
    Options
    I'm 27 and definitely need the motivation and support of a group. I hit my largest weight ever recently at 281lbs. I'm 5'8". I'm a student and a mom and the last year of school we ate out a lot and drank a lot of fountain drinks. After having my daughter in 2010 the weight seems to come on so easily. It's like all I need to do is smell food and gain weight. I want to lose as much weight as possible before starting clinicals. My knees will thank me for it! I want to enjoy playing with my daughter without getting out of breath. I know this can be done. I want to do it the right way this time. Not just a fad diet where the weight comes back and then some. If anybody is looking for a motivational buddy...Let me Know!
  • benandme
    Options
    Hey. I'm Mae. I'm 23, 228 pounds. I want to be 160. Add me!
  • skrullerull
    skrullerull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) I'm hooooping very much to be under 200 this year, at least under 220 =) I'm 29 yrs, will be 30 in june...
  • lissylong
    Options
    I am 28yrs old and started this journey at 209.4. Today I weighed in at 199.06!! I would love to follow this forum and meet people who are also trying to better themselves and now there is somewhere I can go to get help when feeling down, or somewhere to go when I have success stories to share!!
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and around 218 lbs.
    Hoping to get down to 140 as
    my ultimate goal weight.
  • sehaley
    Options
    I'm 26 and definately in teh 200+ category but don't plan on being there forever! I want to be a better me!
    here's to being lean in 2013!!!!!
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love giving motivation to people and need to get it myself. I struggle the most with finding motivation to exercise. Lets go ladies!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20 and currently 216! Started at 273... Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • brittshea9
    brittshea9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I desperately wish I weren't, but unfortunately I fall into this category - I'm 26 and weigh in at 202. My highest was 220, but I lost 30 pounds early last year and over the last few months during my Fall semester, gained back 12. I would ideally like to be about 135-140. I had a major car wreck my senior year and was unable to walk for several months, which was the beginning of my weight gain. Up until that point, I had been involved in competitive cheerleadi g and gymnastics. My weight at graduation was 124, which was about 14 pounds heavier than I normally was. I continued to gain from there, even after I healed and was able to work out again because at that point, I didn't care anymore.
    I traveled all over Florida as a makeup artist for several different cosmetics companies, companies that constantly lavish their employees with big dinners out after shows and all the alcohol one could dream of. When I traveled, it was nothing to eat at Outback, Olive Garden, Ruth's Chris, Chili's, and other big chain restaurants where I made EXTREMELY poor meal choices, as well as drinking an excess of wine and sugary mixed drinks. This was my life for a year, and it was usually 4-5 nights a week. I absolutely packed on the pounds.
    Now that I'm not working and I'm back in school pre-med, I'm so busy that I've found it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle but I'm bound and determined to make permanent lifestyle changes in 2013. Please feel free to add me on here, the more friends and support the merrier!
  • Heaven829
    Heaven829 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in my early twenties I weight 258 and I have a two year old i want to be 180 looking for more friends the more the merrier
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm lynds 23 and currently 295lbs. I'm hoping to be at my goal weight by december and I need all the support and motivation from people in similar situations that I can get!
  • moniser
    moniser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Monica and I just joined this site. I am also over 200 lbs with lots to lose. I am 29 and live in Ohio. I have goals of running my first 5k this year!! I am not a runner so this is a huge goal that I cannot wait to achieve. I am looking to make some friends so that we can encourage, celebrate, and reflect on our journeys!! We can do this!!