Benefits of Avocado

Options
So I have always heard that avocados have a lot of benefits, so I thought I should add them to my diet. Here is a list of benefits that I thought I would share:

Here are the most well-known health benefits of avocado for both adults and kids.

1. It protects cholesterol related heart diseases. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
2. It is used both in prevention and treatment of prostate
and breast cancers. Scientists have proved that a toxin in avocado kills the cancer cells. So-called toxin has a great effect on the tissues, particularly heart muscle tissues.
3. Avocado includes necessary minerals like potassium, calcium, vitamin C and K, folic acid, copper, sodium and dietary fibers. These are used to provide the mineral necessity of the body. People who live in hot climates have great mineral and water loss. So, avocado is suggested strongly by the medicals.
4. Oleic acid in avocado can be used to lower cholesterol level in the blood.
5. Potassium in avocado regulates pressure of blood.
6. Sodium reduces the risk of high blood pressure and stoke.
7. It improves the ability of the body to absorb carotenoids.
8. Avocado is used to help people who have sexual problems.
9. It is a good antioxidant.
10. It can be used in the treatment of skin disorders.
11. It is used to heal people who suffer from digestive and circulatory problems.

Replies

• smdonovan
    Options
    Great, now can you make it taste good?:ohwell:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    a little salt & pepper, lime juice, diced tomato and a dash of cayenne - voila, a healthy guacamole.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I just throw in some diced tomato, onions, and some garlic powder. I love that stuff!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

(((((((((((((GASP)))))))))))))))))))
    Taste good???!! Oh my! My heart just broke! My dad and I were eating it last night and we're just talking about how people can not like avocado. :brokenheart:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I love avocado and lately have been buying them regularly. I just had some on my homemade turkey burger. yummmmy!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options

Do you mean because they are very low in sodium? Just curious because obviously more sodium increases high blood pressure and risk of stroke. Just wanted to clarify!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I added mine to a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and turkey, sprinkled with pepper (thought the avocado was plenty salty) and it was very tasty!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Do you mean because they are very low in sodium? Just curious because obviously more sodium increases high blood pressure and risk of stroke. Just wanted to clarify!

Perhaps it is the mixture of the sodium with the healthy fats? Not quite sure. I got the information from http://healthmad.com/nutrition/11-health-benefits-of-avocado/
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options

Perhaps it is the mixture of the sodium with the healthy fats? Not quite sure. I got the information from http://healthmad.com/nutrition/11-health-benefits-of-avocado/

They must mean b/c of their low sodium. Avocados are VERY low in sodium. I love them and eat them just about everyday! They are very yummy on sandwiches, salads, wraps, guacamole or just to eat plain!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options

(((((((((((((GASP)))))))))))))))))))
    Taste good???!! Oh my! My heart just broke! My dad and I were eating it last night and we're just talking about how people can not like avocado. :brokenheart:

Agreed. Love both the taste and texture. Now if they could just make it CHEAPER I'd be happy.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Avocados, but now I finally have some good reasons other than just saying they taste good! Thanks for the info!
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Thanks for the info!